I am with you, I will never forget

God bless America

Land of the Free and Home of the Brave

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
Add to this our prayers for the memory of those that have perished in the name of terror and oppression since then and for the protection of all those who are defending freedom and the right to live without fear.

Don

sumpter250

multiscale modelbuilder
Jan 19, 2002
Vernon Hills, Illinois
Visit site
Freedom is not simply a right, or even a gift. Freedom is a treasure, and like all treasures, there's always someone who wants to take it away.
Freedom is, to stand before all others, and make our own choices, accepting the consequences, and benefits which come from those choices.
"Freedom requires eternal vigilance", and it is a treasure, won by the willingness of a free people to sacrifice their lives that others may continue to live free.
Freedom also, however, carries heavy responsibility, not only in its defense against violent overthrow, but in the constant participation of a free people in the governing of that free society.
On this anniversary of the atrocity of September 11, 2001, let us remember ALL those who have fallen in freedom's defense, and let us further dedicate ourselves to insuring that freedom is not quietly stolen away at the polls. We must all be as active politically, as we are militarily, in the defense of freedom, for if we are not, then the lives of all those who have fallen, have been given in vain, and their sacrifice becomes an empty one.
God helps those who help themselves. God will bless America, so long as americans nurture the blessing of freedom.
Pete

jawatkins

Aug 21, 2003
Allen, TX
Visit site
The events of September 11th will be one of those moments in time when those of us who are old enough to know will remember where they were when they heard the news. The same with the assasination of John F. Kennedy ( yes, I'm old enough to remember exactly where I was when he died) and for our parents and grandparents, the bombing of Pearl Harbor. For me, the sorrow and horror of it all was that on this day, people just like you and me were going about their everyday business. They were fathers, mothers, children and co-workers whose lives were cut short for reasons that we will probably never be able to fathom.

But the lesson to carry away from this is that, in spite of this tragedy, we cannot let ourselves live in fear and give an emotional and psychological victory to terrorism. Freedom is not free, it comes at a great price. Speaking for my country, many people lost their lives and fortunes so that I can enjoy freedom of speech and many of the other liberties that I and others enjoy today. So, today, I will remember those who perished two years ago today and hope they have found peace and rest. And for the survivors and families left behind, that they find their own inner peace and healing.

Gary Pfeil

May 7, 2001
Boonton NJ
Visit site
Judy is so right about remembering where we were that day. And yes I remember where I was when Kennedy was shot, or at least when I heard about it. I was only in grammer school then and didn't quite understand it completely, but that day in school is one I will always remember. 9/11 is a different story. Going on the internet at work, seeing the photos there, waiting for the pub down the street to open so we could go see the television coverage. The emotions on display at the pub. The emotions on display back at work, where nothing got done. Then, going up to the county park and walking up to the summit, where we could see the smoke billowing upward, in the company of perhaps 20 others who had come to see. Being only 25 miles from Manhatten, the towers were a sight I saw nearly daily. I had brought many visitors into the city to see the sights over the years. I remember going to Hoboken the next evening, the skyline so dramatically different. The tears, the rage, the hpoelessness. Also the unity, the kindlyness where it had never been. We were as one for a short while afterwards. I was fortunate not to know anyone who died there that day. I do know many who lost loved ones tho. Living so close, I believe it has affected me in ways I will never understand. My wife and I climbed back up that same hill tonight. There has been a nice garden planted, many people have brought flags and photos of loved ones lost. It is still a very solumn place to me, one that still brings tears to my eyes. We have a 9 year old niece. She asked the other day what was 9/11. She remembered when told. I guess it is the same as when Kennedy was shot for me. My wife told of a conversation at work today. She had mentioned her niece and was saying that it is important to tell the young children about this, so they never forget, so that some will remember when we are dead and gone. A woman assured her that it would always be remembered. My wife replied, oh yeah, like 12/7? The woman asked her what 12/7 was. Point made.

I am not a believer, but God bless us all.

Gary