A Day On The A & T - Continued

Cinnibar

Nov 2, 2003
El Paso, TX
Visit site
The activity level remains high at Alpine, Texas as folks headed for points East gather at the station. Off in the distance the Southern Pacific local passenger train can be heard whistling for a crossing as it approaches Alpine.................

Attachments

• atstat.jpg
    atstat.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 136

Cinnibar

Nov 2, 2003
El Paso, TX
Visit site
S.P. Passenger

Not too far out of town, the S.P. local roars through “The Narrows” at the S.P. cut off. The barking exhaust echoes off the steep walls of “The Narrows” rocky heights...............

Attachments

• passatco.jpg
    passatco.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 133

Cinnibar

Nov 2, 2003
El Paso, TX
Visit site
Alpine Is Busy!

The Eastbound passengers settle into the S.P. coaches in the background, mail sacks are swapped and a few parcels are loaded and off loaded. In the foreground A & T OT-1 starts rolling out of the yards on it’s way to the “Cat Pause Mine” and down to the Texas/Mexico border town of Terlingua, OT-1 has the empty ore cars in tow that were dropped by the earlier Eastbound S.P. freight...............

Attachments

• busyatalp.jpg
    busyatalp.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 126

Cinnibar

Nov 2, 2003
El Paso, TX
Visit site
Bound For Points East

The S.P. blankets Alpine as it heads out for San Antonio....................That's it for this for now. In the next segment the activity level stays high at Alpine.

Attachments

• paslvng.jpg
    paslvng.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 127

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Jun 18, 2002
St. Paul, MN
Visit site
I really enjoy your "day on the A&T" threads Cinnibar! Neat sequence of action on a well done layout. That last pic was reminiscent of John Allen with that great looking sky and track level view. Keep 'em coming!
Ralph

Drew1125

Jan 28, 2001
Once again, a great photo tour of a great looking layout!
I love the way some of your pictures have the look of those old color-tinted postcard photos...very nice effect!
:cool: :thumb: :thumb: :cool:

Cinnibar

Nov 2, 2003
El Paso, TX
Visit site
C & T

Marc,

A lot of my inspiration comes from that C & T RR experience. Hope I get to do it again someday. Hey, does the tail end of that S.P. "Berk" in the first picture look familiar to you?:p

Arlaghan

Sep 9, 2003
S. FL
Beautiful shots, as we've come to expect from you. ;)

In that first picture, I can't help but notice what a wonderful tree that is up there... Can you tell us more about it?

Cinnibar

Nov 2, 2003
El Paso, TX
Visit site
Haggle Tree

Arlaghan,

In my world the townsfolk have dubbed that the "Haggle Tree". You may notice it is at the base of "Courthouse Hill" and a few citizens have gathered to haggle over county politics. In the real world it is from a Woodland Scenics kit. The kit included several deciduous tree armatures of various sizes and a package of "clump" foliage. I sprayed the armature with dark earth and then dry brushed it with light gray. The clump foilage was spread and CA'd onto the branches. Finally some lighter green, fine "grass" was sprinkled onto the tree to hi-lite the tips of the foliage. Those are fun kits and come packaged in various sizes and quantities - good stuff! :)

Attachments

• tree.jpg
    tree.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 29