A couple holiday pics

Discussion in 'Photos & Videos' started by screwysquirrel, Dec 22, 2003.

1. I would put one or two of these in the photo contest, but because I didn't *take* 'em, I'd feel like I was cheating.
    First up, this year's Canadian Pacific Christmas Train

Attached Files:

2. Nothing moving but Amtrak

Love this one. It's full-sized version I use as a background image

Attached Files:

3. a Nice Yard Pic

While I'm sure many people like busy yard pictures, most of them have a 'dirty industrial' feel, fine for trains at work, less so for 'Look how *nice* that looks.' The just lack aesthetic value. Luckily, this 1976 photo from Chicago isn't one of them

Attached Files:

4. belg

belg Member

It's amazing how snow can make anything look clean and new isn;t it? Real nice shot of the Capital.
  5. What was wrong with Conrail

this picture proves Conrail had an UGLY color scheme. Picture this same image with the all-black of modern Norfolk-Southern, or the Red, Yellow, and Grey of a classic Santa Fe Warbonnet, or Southern Green in this same picture and it looks better. the Conrail light blue detracts from how picturesque this image is

Attached Files:

6. jon-monon

jon-monon Active Member

Great pictures, SS! I love that first one and I like the way it displays the commodity the US and Canada shares.
  7. Ray Marinaccio

Ray Marinaccio Active Member

I Like the first photo too. It would be interesting to see it modeled using fiber optics.
  8. That first pic is really beautiful (my 8-year-old daughter REALLY like it). All the others are great as well. I always enjoy the snow train pics.
  9. Eddie (or anyone else)

the original image is 1152x864, nice and big. If anyone wants a copy, send me a private message with your email addr, and I'll send it to you
  10. Tyson Rayles

Tyson Rayles Active Member