a couple for the N scalers

sumpter250

multiscale modelbuilder
I just had to shoot this Ntrack module, I like waterfront scenes.

Attachments

• ntrackmod.jpg
    ntrackmod.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 283

sumpter250

multiscale modelbuilder
On one of the other modules in this group's layout, there was this patch of trees. Yes, N scale.

Attachments

• ntrees.jpg
    ntrees.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 279

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
This shows what can be done with Ntrak modules. Most I see at train shows around here are almost embarrasing other than the trackage is always good and trains running but scenery is not very well done.

Tileguy

Very Nice trees.Will look even better when those rails get weathered ;)
Now as to the ore dock,while it does give an impression of ore loading, its very difficult to model an ore dock convincingly.
They are so Massive its just difficult to do.The only decent model of an ore dock i have ever seen is scratchbuilt into the ho layout at the lake superior museum of transportation and even it falls very shy of depicting the tremendous size of the things.A full scale size ore dock in N scale would be aproximatly 10 feet long without the approach.The approach trestle would add another 6-12 feet depending on which dock you were talking about.
Dont get me wrong, its a nice effort thats just hard to pull off with a guy that grew up around these docks.:)
I am modeling an ore hauling layout and i am not even going to try to depict the docks.i'd never be happy with the results in my lil bedroom area.I would need a basement and 12 guys to help me build the layout as i would probobly need 2 years just to build the Dock :D

Cinnibar

N Trak Pictures

Since we are talking about N Trak modules, here is a beautiful corner module I shot at the Tucumcari, NM train show. Unfortunately I can't remember who built it but the guy did a very nice job. :)