A community project

Discussion in 'Aircraft & Aviation' started by Ashrunner, Apr 15, 2007.

1. rickstef

rickstef Guest

engine cowling?
  2. airbob

airbob Member

Thank you, kind sir!....senior moment...:cry:
  3. -Jim G

-Jim G Member

I have a local air museum that is open only on Fridays. They are presently restoring an O-2. I have their permission to take pics and hands on measurements... as this project progresses, I will be happy to get details as needed.
  4. RyanShort1

RyanShort1 Member

I knew I'd seen this somewhere! I wish one of the designers here (or several) would get themselves a copy of Wings of Cessna by Edward H. Phillips - ISBN 0-911139-16-8. It has some great (albeit somewhat small) three-view drawings with cross sections of a large number of Cessna aircraft. To be fair, some important types that I would like a drawing of aren't included (notably the T-37, which is dear to my heart being a San Antonio, TX resident near Randolph AFB) but overall it's great! Attached is the O-2 drawing which I had to tweak a bit before posting it here.

5. airbob

airbob Member

A very nice group of plan views of the 337....most excellent!!!!....it will come in very, very handy in the second go around for fuselage planning!!!:grin: Thanks!
  6. Ashrunner

Ashrunner Member

Definitely a big help for this project Ryan! Thanks!!

I almost purchased the book a while back, but hesitated as I didn't know what it contained. Hard to buy a book over the internet when you can't look inside. Anyway, it now goes back on the "Get List"