A com-boose??

Discussion in 'Scratchin' & Bashin'' started by Drew Toner, Dec 17, 2002.

1. Drew Toner

Drew Toner Member

I saw this picture and I just had to have one for the Ash Creek. I think that with the talk going around, the people will use it. I guess time will tell

Attached Files:

2. Drew Toner

Drew Toner Member

Ash Creek Com-boose

Well, here is my attemt at a Com-boose!! It looks like the people have taken a liking to it, as ticket sales are solid. Even 'Jake' seems to be enjoying it

Attached Files:

3. Drew Toner

Drew Toner Member

Ash Creek com-boose #2

From this angle it's hard to tell, but the track is about one" higher than the ground to the right of the car I guess I'll have to build a "loading ramp" for the people to board!

Attached Files:

4. jon-monon

jon-monon Active Member

I'm givin ya all 3 thumbs up on that one!
  5. shamus

shamus Registered Member

Hi Drew, thats some fine work you have done on the speeder.
    Did you know that the photo you showed was taken by Darius Kinsey and was the "Sauk River Lumber Companies speeder" It was used to take loggers wives shopping, but that photo taken that day was used to take VIP's visiting the logging operations and the two Skagit Indian women were going to pick berries.

6. Drew Toner

Drew Toner Member

Wow, thats a pretty good story Shamus, it fits right into the small town atmosphere of the Ash Creek. I thought that the car had only two axels, but I wasn't sure. But, my car is 25'3"long. It was fun to make and like I said, I'll build a loading ramp for the people to board, and hopefully start to make some money, taking people back and forth on the layout!!

7. Tyson Rayles

Tyson Rayles Active Member

Real neat Drew! :cool:
  8. interurban

interurban Active Member

Well I`m blowed is Shamus good or is he good???:eek:

Hey Shamus you must have a heck of History library:D :D
    Hi Drew I do like your "speeder" That looks like Jon`s dog;) ;)
  9. shamus

shamus Registered Member

Hi Drew, it has just the two axles, and is "POWERED" is yours:D:D

10. jon-monon

jon-monon Active Member

Powered? Ewwww I like that idea. Another critter crawlin around. I bet you can get a chopped up gandydancer in the cab and remove the unpowerd axle from the gandy, so the speeder still has just the two axles :D :D :D Ya gotta power that baby, drew :D :D :D
  11. Drew Toner

Drew Toner Member

You got to be kidding!!! powered! I don't know about that.

This "gandy dancer" your talking about, is that the ad I see in MR for International Hobby, #46202 for 11.99us? I wonder where I could get that up in the Great White North!!?? If I can find one, I'm game!

12. Drew1125

Drew1125 Active Member

As is always the case for you, Drew, excellent work!
    It just so happens that I'm pondering a somewhat similar bash for my mining road...so I might stea...I mean borrow a couple of ideas from you! :D
  13. sumpter250

sumpter250 multiscale modelbuilder

Ok, theres no stack, so it's not steam, there's no trolley pole, so it's not electric. That leaves diesel, or, most probably, gas.
    Question: Is the motor in the "cab"?, or is it under the car?
    Question: Is it a direct drive? or is there a clutch, and transmission?

Nice model Drew!
    Thanks, Shamus, for pointing out that it was a speeder. I missed that completely!
  14. Drew Toner

Drew Toner Member

A Speeder!!

Yea, thanks Shamus, suddenly my model looks pretty silly:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: knowing that it was supposed to be powered;) ;)

And yes Sumpter, you do have a lot of good questions there. The picture doesn't really answer them though:( :(

Charlie, you go right ahead and borrow away. Thats why I show every body:cool: :cool: Thats what it's all about, sharing info with others!!

I guess I still need to find a small powered apparatus of sorts. Any other ideas I could try?

15. sumpter250

sumpter250 multiscale modelbuilder

Northwest Shortline used to market a thing called "The Flea". It was a tiny can motor geared to a single axle.
  16. jon-monon

jon-monon Active Member

Re: Powered!!!

That's the one! This is what I crammed up my 15 ton Mack.

You have to give it a little-plastic-man-ectomy, so it looks something like this (sorry for the crude drawing, where's a graphic artist when you need one? VAL? VAL?)

Attached Files:

17. rich maiorano

rich maiorano Member

hey I have one of themfunny to watch runny:D :D :D rich
  18. Drew Toner

Drew Toner Member

Hey Rich, I'll give you ten bucks, cdn. for it;) ;)