A clarification about the LHVCC egiftshop.

Discussion in 'Model History & Reference' started by jleslie48, Apr 5, 2008.

1. jleslie48

jleslie48 Member

There seems to be some confusion about the donations at the LHVCC egiftshop. All GROSS proceeds, 100% of all monies donated, from donations to the egiftshop go to the center: I do not deduct a single penny from any and all donations for myself. I even foot the bill personally for the domain and webspace (that and my time are my donations to the center.)

2. Mechanic

Mechanic Member

I don't know what the confusion is that you refer to, but I do know that your site is awsome; probably THE best single source of free paper models and I am one of those people who need to get off their butt and help support what has to be a labor of love on your part.
  3. jleslie48

jleslie48 Member

I got a letter questioning what percentage of donations went to overhead, actually asking me what percentage I kept for myself. An old rule of business is that if one person goes so far as to ask, there are dozens else out there with the same question.
  4. paulhbell

paulhbell Guest

Whoever asked that question, was in the wrong. Why should you say where the money go's. The only people who have a right to know are the tax men/women, not the general public.

You put the time and effort into site, so if you made money of it ggod for you.

People should realise that it cost's money (and time) to run websites.

I agree wjth 'mechanic' yours is a great site and I visit often.
  5. jleslie48

jleslie48 Member

Right or Wrong, I just wanted to clarify to the letter writer and the world, That all donations are forwarded to the center without any monies deducted.