A Bridge...Finished

Discussion in 'HO Scale Model Trains' started by steamhead, Feb 20, 2007.

1. steamhead

steamhead Active Member

After 6+ weeks of messing with it...it's finally done...!!! The bridge bringing a life line to the El Diablo mine is now operational...!!!

Here are a few pics of it. Hope you like them...

Attached Files:

2. steamhead

steamhead Active Member

Attached Files:

3. nachoman

nachoman Guest

mmmm. NICE!

4. TruckLover

TruckLover Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer

WOW, that bridge looks AWSOME, and the it goes so well with the AMAZING scenery.

Great job Gus, KEEP IT UP :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
  5. J. Steffen

J. Steffen Member

Yeah, now that you're done you can come over my place and do one up for me.

Good job!
  6. doctorwayne

doctorwayne Active Member

Nice work on the bridge, Gus, and great looking scenes too!! :thumb: :thumb:

7. chessie4155

chessie4155 Active Member

Nice lookin bridge... scenery is cool too. good job:thumb:
  8. MilesWestern

MilesWestern Active Member

FANTASTIC!! :thumb: I like the mountain as well (the 4-8-2) all it needs is the Oil-burning tender, and you've got a cool prototype! :cool: As for the excellently build Central Valley Truss, I gotta hand it to you, it looks great! :)
  9. steamhead

steamhead Active Member

Hi guys,

Thanks a lot for your comments. I'm really pleased with the way it turned out and glad to see you all like it. I was afraid the grade might have been a bit much (3.3%), but all my locos, even the B'mann SY makes it up quite easily with 4-5 cars (which is pretty much a "typical" train for the ol' LC&P). Was a lot of work but well worth it.

Thanks for looking...
  10. Ralph

Ralph Remember...it's for fun!

Oh yeah! That looks great!
  11. myltlpny

myltlpny Member

Very nice. That's impressive.:thumb:
  12. UKSteam

UKSteam Member

Extremely nice job Steamhead, both on the bridge and the rocks. After you are finished with J.Steffen's , mines next :)
  13. steamhead

steamhead Active Member

OK guys...Take a number...Next avaliable is #221. :D

Thanks for your comments...!!! :thumb:
  14. Nazgul

Nazgul Active Member

Gus.....that bridge is sweeeeeeeet!!! (I won't ask you to make me one...I don't have anywhere to put it:D)....But I do have room for an engine house...............:)
    The layout is really looking great...always something more to see and to marvel at:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
  15. Herc Driver

Herc Driver Active Member

Well done sir!!!
  16. viperman

viperman Active Member

Nice bridge! How long is it? Seems to look a little on the longer side to me
  17. steamhead

steamhead Active Member

Steve, Hercdriver & Viperman...Thanks for your comments, they're always welcome...!!! Viperman, I can't tell you how long it is right now 'cause I'm away from home. It's long because it crosses the tracks below at an angle so it needs to be long...

Thanks for looking...!!! :thumb:
  18. spitfire

spitfire Active Member

Fantastic bridge and scenery!! Is it the Walthers one or the Micro Engineering - I can't quite tell.

19. doctorwayne

doctorwayne Active Member

Val, it looks to me like that's the Central Valley truss bridge: if so, it's 21" long.

20. spitfire

spitfire Active Member

Oops :oops: Central Valley - that's what I meant, hehe. Thanks Wayne.