a bridge building game

TrainNut

Ditat Deus
I passed level one and will try the rest tomorrow. This reminds me of a project we did in the College of Architecture. We were allowed a certain amount of balsa wood and had to build the strongest bridge possible within certain confines. The test was conducted in front of the class and we had to add weights to a hanging basket under the center of the bridge until it failed. My bridge earned me a B. & yes, that was quite a while ago!

2-8-2

I remember a similar project for Physics class in high school. We had to design a bridge out of popsicle sticks for an experiment of the same type. The bridge was suspended, and weights were hung from the center for stress testing. The weight of the bridge was taken into consideration vs. how much weight it could hold.

I blew everyone away with my design. It was by far the lightest, and took all the weights. We even stacked up a few books and the teacher stood on it. To this day (almost 13 years later, my bridge still hangs on display in that classroom.

eightyeightfan1

Now I'm AMP'd
I saw on the news, some high school kids had to design and build a bridge out of printer paper, that would hold a certain amount of weight....
I thought it was cool.

try this out let's see who on the gauge can build the best train bridges!

I think I've got you all beat with the ugliest bridge!:D

If the stupid engineer would just speed up, he'd make it across.:curse:

Freelancer

TrainNut

Ditat Deus
Allright, well I have not been playing non stop but I have made it up to level 6. I can't seem to figure it out but I have not given up yet. If you made it to 10, I'm shooting for 11:D .

TrainNut

Ditat Deus
Phew! Made it past 6.... just barely!!! To see my solution please send your check to... just kidding. Seriously though, if your ready to throw in the towell, PM me and I can show you how I went about solving it. Level 7 looks like a real challenge!

TrainNut

Ditat Deus
The biggest joke had to have been when I showed this to my wife. She loves puzzles and architectural stuff so I thought, hey, perfect match. I kid you not, on puzzle one, she simply laid two straight lines across... AND IT PASSED!!!!!! I was beyond words. It led me to realize that I was making it way too complicated if she could get away with that.:D :D :D

Marxed

i'm working on my level 13 bridge right now :D

sadly my first attempt wasn't a total success, but i did managed to get one car across safely :thumb:
level13.jpg