A-6 intruder

Discussion in 'Dream Kits & Wish Lists' started by cmdr199212, Apr 3, 2007.

1. cmdr199212

cmdr199212 Member

Hi everyone.

there is one model that i would really like to see free. that is the A-6 intruder, perferable with that AJ marking on the tail and the black panther. i just saw thai paperworks s3a and am very happy.

2. rickstef

rickstef Guest

Kancho has an Intruder for sale, buy that one and repaint

Pmodel also has an Intruder, same deal

both are 1:48/1:50 scale

and neither will break the bank

3. Toddlea

Toddlea Member

4. GT5500

GT5500 Member

I think you can get a detailed one from GPM, it may be discontinued now.
  5. cmdrted

cmdrted Active Member

The GPM version and the EA6B are fairly easy to get, paper model store has the GPM A6.
  6. hpept

hpept Member

I, too, would like to see it for free, as it's one of my favorite aircrafts. Unfortunately i must stick to free, or downloadable, as paper model hobby in Brasil is completely unknown and international postage is not safe at all.
  7. 46rob

46rob Member

That would be a VA-35 A-6 ,assignd to CVW 8--most likely from the period it was assigned to the Nimitz....pre 1985, before the grey tactical paint job became the standard. Kancho's A6 is quite reasonbly priced and is a well designed kit. Part with some pocket change and support your designers. BTW--one just like you describe sits out on the flightline behind our museum, awaiting restoration.....panther and all. Think I'll repaint it myself that way....and build another.
  8. cmdr199212

cmdr199212 Member

I was on kaunchos site a while ago and saw that he had the one im looking for. i dont know where it went.

9. cmdr199212

cmdr199212 Member

Also what type of part joining does the gpm version have? is it with seperate strips to join or is it tabs allready connected?

10. cmdr199212

cmdr199212 Member

do you know what the coler scheme is for the model? and do you know what the price is. all ive seen is in euros.

11. rickstef

rickstef Guest

multiply euros by roughly 1.25 to get dollars, or go to www.xe.com
  12. cmdr199212

cmdr199212 Member

i just ordered the pmodel intruder and was wondering, does it come with cockpit intrieor? and it is printed right?
  13. rickstef

rickstef Guest

no cockpit, only 1:48 scale

and you will have to do the printing

14. 46rob

46rob Member

I have the GPM models (A-6 and EA-6)and was a bit dissappointed--the canopy is not right--I doesn't bulge out like the real dea, and the intakes are WRONG. Might not be noticeable to most--but I've spent too much time around them, and know only too well how they should look.

Both models are in the1985 tactical paint scheme--USS Forrestal. VAQ-133 and Maybe VA -43--can't tell for sure.

There's another model out there--of the
    VA-35 plane originally noted, that appears to be in the earlier gray /white paint scheme.

Shape looks better, too.
  15. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

I'm gonna say the Kancho one looks better than the PModel.