Discussion in 'Internet Finds' started by 46rob, Jun 20, 2005.

1. 46rob

46rob Member

It's my own design--based it on the one hanging in the lobby of the National Museum of Naval Aviation. build is a bit sloppy--my arthritis is kicking up again and my fingers get pretty clumsy at times. The nose door's on the wrong side and it still needs a few details, like hook and IFR probe. It'll get there eventually, though.
  2. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

Hey not bad! Nice little scooter!

Is this another FG model!!?? PLEASE!!!

3. 46rob

46rob Member

Might be--wanna try one and see how it goes together--I've built a few--so it's easy for me--need feedback from someone else.
  4. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

Sure........... I LOVE being a test builder!

And the scooter is the best plane ever............when your out of A4s your out of planes!

5. Gil

Gil Active Member

Beautiful model. Looks like it has some hours in the build. Anyone know of a detailed cardmodel of the A-4?

6. 46rob

46rob Member

Actually--the model is quite simple. The fuselage consistes of six parts, including the canopy and tailpipe. The wing and tail surfaces are single pieces. The landing gear is the most complex part of the model, due to
    the doors and fairings. Took me about two hours to throw that model together using white glue and CA. (I'm not a patient builder) I was mainly checking for fit, errors and alignment.
  7. jyduchene

jyduchene Member

P-Models has two versions of the A4. Detailed? at least a lot of small parts, no interior. Scale I beleive is 1/50. I have purchased it but it is only on the hard drive. This is a down load pdf format plane. This A4 has my attention. I think it is a beautiful plane and this resurrects the thread of detailed and boring (P-model) vs simplified but satisfying. I lean toward the latter in this case.

I as well say "way to go Rob" I'll be having at this one.