A 3 Foot Galactica

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Nothing, Mar 4, 2008.

1. cool I just don't want to see this die like the rodger young and others. I am available if needed.

SEBRET Member

speaking of the Rodger Young, i just found out about it the other day and i have a pdf of one (don't know the finished size) and was wondering if there are any instructions to it.
  3. If it's the one from here than they should be in the pdf.
    If not than I would like to see yours.

SEBRET Member

5. jgderuvo

jgderuvo Member

unreadable by Adobe Acrobat.

SEBRET Member

7. Elliott

Elliott Senior Member

The one from here is located at http://forum.zealot.com/t149368-23/#post772709 and is the same as the one at the Rapidshare link you posted. It contains the latest files with all the corrections.

A reminder - this is a beta build that was never completed and was released by the designer as-is.
  8. ajmadison

ajmadison Member

Building the 1.5 footer

I'm in temporary digs, so I didn't want to build the 3 footer if I was moving, so I started working on the small version. And the first big mistake was that I built the bottom section of the 'bridge' backwards, putting the framework in backwards and the end pieces on the wrong ends. So I was going to put this into some posting about being careful about that. Then I look at this thread, and there is a picture of exact sub-assembly, and providing enough clues about how to tell which end is which. Sigh.

Otherwise, so far so good on the small version, albeit, I'm rebuilding everything so far mostly due to poor craftsmanship on my part, that and what I mentioned above.
  9. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

please post some pics of youre model!
  10. mvink

mvink Member

That RY was designed by Chris Davis. I have a copy of his instructions. PM me and they are yours.

11. Aerospace

Aerospace New Member

Fantastic!!! Good job... :D