A 3 Foot Galactica

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Nothing, Mar 4, 2008.

1. ThunderChild

ThunderChild Active Member

Thanks for the speedy update! Looks gorgeous! :thumb:

I just had a very 'evil' thought... The model is big enough to actually build the ribs! Who's up for that!?:twisted:
  2. Master-Bruce

Master-Bruce Active Member

That's actually my plan for mine whn I get to it. And I hope to add the armor plates and what not.

Whenever I get to it though, no idea when that'll be. :(
  3. ekuth

ekuth Active Member

Your workspace is WAY to clean.

But the model looks superb! :thumb:
  4. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

i use 44 lb paper for most of my stuff.

thanks for the comments.

yea my wife says i have a nueralogical disorder because everything has to be in its place.
  5. well im not a big fan of battlestar galactica only seen the old movie and a bit of the new series but i would love to build that
  6. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

My plan as well.:mrgreen:
  7. sjsquirrel

sjsquirrel Member

Way to go partner

Right on partner!

I'm only just catching up on my weekly forum updates. For my portion I did the layout for the smaller size model (1.5 ft) first, then I'll rescale and adjust the layout for the 3 ft version. I'm aiming for this weekend, but realistically it may be the easter weekend. Fortunately my wife and son are leaving town for spring break so I'll be in bachelor mode and have lots of time to spend on the computer.

Here's another teaser for everyone. The 1.5ft version comes in at 10 pages for the midsection. With retractable landing bays of course!

Attached Files:

8. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

Oh my, I can't wait. Whoot!:mrgreen::thumb::cool:
  9. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

very nice! so close!!
  10. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

So close, yet so seemingly far away.:wave:
  11. Gearz

Gearz Member

Hey Sj that PEP layout is kind of mesmerising ( its so orderly) ~ I know it probably sounds a little weird, but looking a that pic, it occurred to me that you could easily turn a model development into work of stand alone art. Hey.. ppl have framed blueprints on their walls, why not a Dev pattern.
  12. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

Art, as with anything else, is in the eye of the beholder.:cool:
  13. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

I'm watching BSG and I keep wondering......Where's this model????:mrgreen:
  14. I does make ya wonder. I think they are just teasing us.
  15. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

Yeah, that's it. Joke on us. :pout:
  16. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

sj has been working really hard on this project. he does have a real life with kids. its a huge model. it will be out when sj is ready for it to be out.
  17. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

I know, we were just playing around, I was anyway. It'll be done when it's done, but you have to admit, it is one of those kits, the ones you can't wait to get ahold of.:mrgreen:
  18. GEEZE! I was just Playing:mrgreen:. I realize people have lives. I am facing the same problem on the giant sulaco. Like CJTK said I just want to get my hands on it.

19. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

I really don't think it's an issue. We all joke around and well have real lives. Best laid plans and all that. I never seem to get as much done as I want in one day and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

I'm sure that when this comes out, it will be top notch. I'm trying to work myself up to the Sulaco myself, that's why I'm working on some smaller models now.:mrgreen:
  20. Millenniumfalsehood

Millenniumfalsehood Active Member

I for one can wait a little longer for this one. It looks like it'll be well worth the wait. :)