A 3 Foot Galactica

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Nothing, Mar 4, 2008.

1. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

OK the release is close. i started this to gather some interest and show that it is almost here. at first i had invisioned ribs and stanoff plates etc, but i just cant expend that much resource. the bridge section alone is 20 pages! the textures look great. SJ did a great job resizing them.

this is the bottom section of the bridge area.
    gtest 001.jpg
    gtest 002.jpg
  2. Millenniumfalsehood

Millenniumfalsehood Active Member

Wow! That's the perfect size to show detail and to get the wife/parental unit to let you display it. :wink:
  3. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

OOO OOO Can't wait! I like em BIG! Big, fat, huge models! Models that look like you could film them. Models with detail and weight! Something that REALLY looks like a ship! WHOOT! Size does matter, especially when building something as iconic and massive as this! I can't wait! WHOOT! WHOOT! WHOOT!

Send me the file, I must have it NOW!

ARRRGGGHHHH! Must have this model!!!!
  4. smyfe

smyfe Member

The wife is going to have a fit when I start printing this:p:p, and she thought Gearz Galactica was bigsign1
  5. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

I can't wait, I can't wait, I can't wait! WHOOT! How many sheets total? BIG, big, big, big! Oh, I can't wait! I'll dream of this ship until I get it! OOOOOOO Big pretty toys!:mrgreen:
  6. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

i dont know how many total sheets for the whole thing. i was responsible for getting the front together, so thats all i know about as of yet.

7. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

A work of beauty! Thank you nothing and thank you SJS!

8. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

dont forget skupilkinson!!
  9. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

Doh! Thank you too Skip! WHOOT!:thumb::mrgreen:

Thank you all!
  10. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

11. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

You're making my mouth water. I just want to cover it with chocolate!:mrgreen:
  12. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

heres the central section. its not attached, just sittin there.

gtest 001.jpg
    gtest 002.jpg
  13. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

Cool, I can see where this is going. :D
  14. WOW!!!!!!!!!
    I gotta have it NOW!!!!! Please don't make me beg!
    I will if you want:inw:.
    I cannot wait to get my hands on this one. The sulaco will have to wait.

15. Master-Bruce

Master-Bruce Active Member

Looking really super Nothing!!! I'll be finishing up my section today! Though I've not started any sort of testbuild yet. Been really busy these past couple of days. Plus I don't have enough ink here for it so I'll wait until I get some.

I thought it'd be a cool idea for myself, SJ and Nothing to each build their sections and send them to say, SJ(seeing as he's done all the hard work for this one) so that he can link up the three sections and have the model to display at his place? As it's paper, it wouldn't cost much to send.

My job is unfolding and arranging the rear(typical for me, I always was an ass man! LOL)
  16. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

Oh yeah, me too, but to tell the truth I like it all, the tail, the top, the in between, the landing gear.....:cool:
  17. Gearz

Gearz Member

Outstanding effort gentlemen..! Forget the humility BS, I don't think the Cylon's could have worked together so well.

* Could someone please send me a set of Bino's so I can see where the bar is now! :rolleyes:
  18. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

I've got a serious question, or two......What grade of Card Stock are you using? It looks pretty thick. Also, what color is the Big G? Will there be a black and white version available?

19. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

actually the internals ive laminated to cracker boxes for the thickness. the skin is standard epson card stock. she is pretty much shades of grey all over except the markings.

here ive started the internals for the main bridge.
  20. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

were not really test building this one skip so i wouldnt worry boutit. i just whanted to start mine and and get some promotion going. what do they say... anticipation can make the prize that much sweeter?