95+ year old track being replaced

Dakota train

Mar 30, 2006
Wilton, North Dakota
Just the other day, I was driving past the local tracks and noticed them drop off new rail along side of the old track. They are putting in heavy rail due to a new ethanol plant 20 miles to the north and they need heavier sidings for all the corn cars now running through here. So I snapped some pictures of the sidings and track. First pic is from the south looking north. Second pic is a section of track dated 1912. Its been around for along time. Just think of all the freight that has run through the siding. Hope you enjoy the pics.

Attachments

• soo siding.JPG
    soo siding.JPG
    41.8 KB · Views: 86
  • soo 1912.JPG
    soo 1912.JPG
    41 KB · Views: 86
  • soo switch.JPG
    soo switch.JPG
    58.2 KB · Views: 86

oldtanker

Feb 24, 2006
West central Mn
They are going to be running a new spur for the ethanol plant they are building near Fergus Falls MN (the good side of the Minnesota North Dakota border). When they start laying track I will see if I can't get some pics to share.

Cool Pics!

Rick

CRed

Dec 10, 2006
Duluth,MN
oldtanker said:
They are going to be running a new spur for the ethanol plant they are building near Fergus Falls MN (the good side of the Minnesota North Dakota border). When they start laying track I will see if I can't get some pics to share.

Cool Pics!

Rick
Lets not start making fun of ND people,it's the Iowans and Wisconsinites we have to worry about.sign1

Just kidding of course.

Nice pictures,keep us updated:thumb:.

Chris

Jim Krause

Apr 7, 2005
Polson, MT
Russ: Is there a "good" side to the ND, MN border? I can never tell much difference. I did notice that ND is listed as being the safest state crimewise in the USA.

FiatFan

Jul 16, 2004
I'm not an Iowa resident either. I've only been here 26 years. sign1 I'm still considered an outsider by this town's standards.

Tom

Cannonball

More Trains Than Brains
Dec 4, 2006
St. Joseph, MO
Ralph said:
I don't know b28 82...check this list to make sure you haven't been assimilated. :)

http://www.youmightbe.com/pages/iowa.html

By the way, for five years I could answer yes to many of these questions before moving north to MN.

Ralph
Born and raised there for 30 years.
Then I moved to Missouri and became a real redneck.
Life is good in a state where alcohol and explosives are legal and can be bought in the same store. :D

oldtanker

Feb 24, 2006
West central Mn
Jim, once you get past the first 50 miles of west MN...the part that kinda looks like ND.....you know...hills are over passes and trees have wires attached....then yer in the good part.....LOL

Rick