9 killed in LA commuter train crash

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by jsolie, Jan 26, 2005.

1. jsolie

jsolie Member

2. Matthyro

Matthyro Will always be re-membered

So unfortunate. Nobody could have any idea something like this crash would happen.
  3. theBear

theBear Member

[font=Verdana,Sans-serif]Want to wager on that?

"The SUV driver changed his mind about suicide and left the vehicle before it was hit, Police Chief Randy Adams said. The man will be charged with homicide, he said."

from a www.myway.com ap story at 1:36 this afternoon in reference to that "crash"
  4. LIRR

LIRR Member

That SUV had to be a tank to take out the train too.
  5. theBear

theBear Member

I think piece of solid metal getting between wheels of train and track can result in a train going over on its side or likewise the SUV getting jammed between the moving train and another non moving large object or the trains brakes being applied and etc .... etc ....

More information will be forthcoming and then maybe we'll know.
  6. Ralph

Ralph Remember...it's for fun!

What an unbelievably awful story.
  7. jsolie

jsolie Member

...just incredibly sad....it's up to 10 fatalities now, and either 180-200 injured depending on the news agency...

:( :(
  8. rcline

rcline Member

thats bad - all because one fool was mad at the world or somebody! And to think that at one time I use to think that all big people were smart, that was 45 years ago too!
  9. spitfire

spitfire Active Member

What a sad, and needless, tragedy. My heart goes out to the victims and their families.

10. LIRR

LIRR Member

Turned out the metrolink was running cab car forward. F59's could handle a jeep but it sent those cars flying.
  11. Russ Bellinis

Russ Bellinis Active Member

The Jeep was demolished, but the train was derailed by the engine block. That is a pretty substantial piece of metal, and it doesn't crush worth beans. The latest numbers are 11 dead, I think 180 injured. I was reading about it in the L.A. Times today. Witnesses said one Metrolink car was flipping end over end!