9/11 Lights On!

Discussion in 'Zealot Archives' started by nfs_srt10, Aug 15, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nfs_srt10

nfs_srt10 New Member

Please join us on 9/11.....................we have over a month to get
    the word out all across this great land we love and call the United
    States of America. Let's see how powerful e-mail can be!

On Wednesday, September 11, 2002 everyone in the USA who will be driving
    a motor vehicle is asked to drive with their headlights on during
    daylight hours.

Though no explanation is needed as to why we are commemorating September
    11.........................we hope more importantly to pay respect to
    the victims of that day, show our nation's solidarity and show support
    for our men and women of the Armed Forces.

You can help by sending this e-mail on to others!

Remember.....9/11 LIGHTS ON!

"it's been real, its been fun, but it hasn't been real fun"
  2. GSstorm

GSstorm Guest

i dont know why your asking this but im sure you have your reasons.
    i live in staten island new york and my neighbor(for 20+ years) died that day in the towers.

sure 9/11 will bring all sorts of memorials and memories, but for the people i know who were directly affected by what happened, we dont like seeing all the "never forget" stickers and stuff.

we would all actually like to move on with our lives and not have it brought up everyday. to say "never forget" is like saying dont drink or eat. impossible. but the daily reminders are more of a daily reminder of people that are gone and thats tough to deal wit in its own way.

i dont want any replies about sympathy so save your typing. im just voicing my opion.
    if yougys want ride with your headlights on as some kind of memorial more power to ya.
  3. bLaZe

bLaZe Member

9/11 is an old subject stop bringing it up. I feel VERY sorry for people hurt by the attacks but as GS said reminding then doenst help a thing.
  4. Rippa14

Rippa14 Member

Yes But its improtant!

5. bLaZe

bLaZe Member

a. It's not that important, it was 2 years ago
    b. the USA doesn't need support from some 16 year-old kid. \

-Just my 2 cents, do what you want with it
  6. Billy N

Billy N New Member

This is the first time that I checked out this area of the site. I will add my two cents here. First off, by reading these responses, I can tell that they are written by children. After leaving the armed forces, and taking part in Desert Storm, I would like to enlighten those of you that think 9/11 is old news. I for one WILL NEVER FORGET. Put down your RC gear, join the military, and see for yourself just why it is important to not forget. We live in the greatest country on earth fellas, free to do what we want. Men and women put their lives on the line every day for you so you can keep playing with your toys. If you lived over there, they would replace your RC radio with a rifle. So be greatful that you have the freedom to go out and play while other people are spilling their guts so you can have fun.
  7. SAVAGE123579

SAVAGE123579 Member

good response i respect your post completely
    im 13 and i for one will never forget im glad i don't have to fight,
    i know it can be hurtful to a few ppl, hurtfull to me too i almost lost my aunt in the attacks and i for one never want anything like that happen again, just my 2 cent
  8. Rippa14

Rippa14 Member

It is important it shows that peole care!
  9. UHRC

UHRC New Member

This is why we've had a burning candle in the bottom right corner of the site every since the attacks. To let everyone know that we care and will not forget those that died.
  10. timrock

timrock Active Member

true that we must go on but i will never forget the date of that horrifec event and will pay my respects each and every year in any way i can.if it does or does not,develope as a tradtion to luminate head lights on the cars i will do so on my own car anyway.i will never forget 9/11/2001
  11. dudex

dudex Member

of course no one will forget, but I see 9/11 more as an excuse for most people to be patriotic than anything else. Im with BLAZE on this subject.
  12. timrock

timrock Active Member

dudex,knowing the type of person you are,you probably laughed when the planes hit the buildings.
  13. dj6666969

dj6666969 Active Member

here is my *2 cents* 9/11 is old we should move on. All it does to people is mess wit there minds ya you might have lost someone but you should move on that is what the people who died would probly want. AT LEAST THATS WHAT IM THINKING. Ya we should never foreget but if you think about it who can foreget it?? I shure cant. When ever I hear peopel talk about it they just get all mopy and stuff im like people just get off the subject, but any ways my 2 cents or maybe 4 or 5 arent any better then some people
  14. combatcm

combatcm Member

People just need to forget things. The news brainwashes people into thinking they have to do something or remember something or else they are an evil person. Where are the flags on people's cars now? People got over it. Having an american flag is just to much of an inconveniance. The car flags only said, "Hey, glad it wasn't me!"

On another subject, remember the bowling for comumbine movie where he said the news controls america. I am a firm believer of that. The news is an indirect way of starting most hate and racism and violent acts. I'm not saying it's a sole reason, I'm saying it's part.

That movie made me realize how americans are paranoid puppets that like to sue people because of ignorance. Canada is like america, only without every other country hating you, and if I moved somewhere it would be there.
  15. rockn82

rockn82 Marx Brother

Ok here's my take. I also was in the military like Billy. And was lucky enough to visit Bosnia. You have no idea how many people said to me that we shouldn't be there. My reply was always the same, "If you were there you would want to stay there." When you look at homes and the children of a war torn country and realize how good you truly have it and that your presence, not your sole presence, is allowing kids just to go outside and play. There are 8 Million mines in that country now and we know where maybe 3 Million are. And everyday someone finds one. How would it make you feel knowing that your 10 year old has probably had to kill as many people as you. With makeshift shotguns made from pipes from under the sink. As for 9/11 don't get me wrong, we should move on, but we should remember. McCarthur said that "those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it." How true. Just "dropping" 9/11 is a perfect example of turning your head as to not realize just what the #@$% is going on in the world. People say "why are we in IRAQ?" I say we should be. Why not get rid of another psyco leader that is ruling a country with fear and death. Let moldy cheese go in the refridgerator long engough and the whole fridge needs to be cleaned. Nobody likes to clean it but it has to be done. Everyone in this country takes thier freedom for granted. We loose 5000 people and loved ones, and the next thing eveybody is talking about is were gonna be run under a military control. Curfews, troops roaming the streets and tightened security. No one realizes what they have until it is placed in jeopardy. Everybody flying a flag after 9/11 was a joke. Do you realize how many American Flags I picked up off the roadside and took to the VFW for disposal. Over 100 flags. Astounding. You would think if that flag meant something to them they would have stopped to pick it up. But again its all taken for granted. If any of you want to really do something for the people of 9/11, do this, MAKE SURE IT DOESNT HAPPEN AGAIN. Yeah, yeah, what am I gonna do?, right. Support the ideas of going in and knocking the #@$% out of a country that supports, sponsors and aids terrorism. I am saying that about any country that does, not just Iraq. If you don't love this country Leave. You have that feedom. Stick your head in the dirt somewhere else in the world. Again just my take.
  16. timrock

timrock Active Member

rockn82,keep it short.no one wants to read all that.
  17. mastmec

mastmec Member

Ditto Rockn82
  18. timrock

timrock Active Member

exept maybe a but sniffer like mastec
  19. Jshaff15

Jshaff15 Member

whats this thread about??
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.