84 lumber for sale!!!

Discussion in 'N / Z Scale Model Trains' started by csxengineer, May 31, 2006.

1. csxengineer

csxengineer Member

Hi folks,
    With the baby due in 80 days, I need space, and cash. I am putting my scratch built 84 lumber on ebay soon. Thought I'd take a bunch of pics on a beautiful day for my scrap book. Hate to part with it, but I'm modeling a different location now anyway. Here's a few pics...

Attached Files:

2. MilesWestern

MilesWestern Active Member

Where's your 84 lumber complex modeled after? We have them out here in California, notably Dublin, Ca.
  3. csxengineer

csxengineer Member

modeled after...

The one in Murrysville, Pa

Theres a link somewhere on the gauge (scratchbuilding 84 lumber), I'm not sure where its at.
  4. Papa Bear

Papa Bear Member

5. inkaneer

inkaneer Member

84 lumber got its name from the town of 84, PA where their first store was located. and the zip code for 84, PA is.................... 15330 . You probably thought it would be XXX84. So if the question ever comes up in a trivia game you'll know the answer. Now as to the question why was the town named 84, PA I haven't the foggiest idea. But it was on the former B&O mainline from Pittsburgh to Washington, PA and to Benwood [Wheeling], WV.
  6. shaygetz

shaygetz Active Member

It's a beautiful piece of work and I hope you get what you're looking for. My own experience selling some of my scratchbuilt work was not very pleasant. I regret not putting a reserve on it at least so that I could've kept it from going for so low.
  7. johnny b

johnny b Member

I remember seeing that when you first put the pictures of it on here. Its fantastic and I wish I had the room on my little layout for it .
  8. csxengineer

csxengineer Member

Thank You, you made my day.:)