'84 Chevy Blazer into an off-roader

Discussion in 'Zealot Archives' started by bandit1, Sep 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bandit1

bandit1 Member

I found an 84 blazer in a lot that is just sitting there, and has been for a couple of years. I thought of asking the guy who owns the lot how much he wants for it, but before I do, I'd like to know if a high school budget can get this thing anywhere near what i expect out of an off orad truck.

The truck in my opinion is worth around 300 bux. It's already jacked up a little bit, but if i get it, I'll probobly raise it more. So, I'm asking you all, if you were in my situation, what would u do? and if u would buy the truck, wat stuff would u put in it to make it a reasonably good off road machine. Wat would u do about an engine, drivetrain, tires, ect.

Thanks in advance to any1 with an opinion.
  2. dj6666969

dj6666969 Active Member

My question is how much was it ran. How many miles of the engine/everything? Its hard to say what to buy it for or what to add to it if we dont know much about how it is now, if you know what I mean.
  3. bandit1

bandit1 Member

ya, i gotcha. I cant give an exact answer, but from the looks of it, the only rust is a little on the doors. the rust appears to be only surface rust too. the tail pipe is still in place, its clean considering how long it's been sitting. If I had to give an estimate on the mileage, I'd say its got 70-80 thousand tops. it appears to be totally stock exept for a push bar and theres also no big dents, there may be little dings, but really nothing considerable at all. thats about all i know.
  4. dj6666969

dj6666969 Active Member

I would ask him how much he is willing to sell it for. If its alittle to high and the amount you have it alittle less see if you can talk him down.
  5. monsterrcbuilder04

monsterrcbuilder04 Active Member

ya my 91 s-10 is all rust when you look under it but the engine is at about 115,000 miles and still runs strong. never buy a s-10 or blazer from late 80 early 90.they are nutorious for rusting out
  6. bandit1

bandit1 Member

so wat engines/trans., gearing,tires, ect. would u all use for it?

this is the set up i'm thinking of now...
    Engine-350 Chevy, or 350 Edlebrock crate
    Trans.-Richmond 5 speed or 6 speed(1000 bux more)overdrive
    Gearing-around a 4.60 is wat i was told, i realy dont know.
    Tire-Mickey Thompson Baja Claw Radials.
  7. monsterrcbuilder04

monsterrcbuilder04 Active Member

wats the news on the blazer dude?
  8. bandit1

bandit1 Member

well im still stuck on wether to get the blazer or go with a muscle car type thing. Id like a truck for the snow, but i wuld love to put the hammer down in an aftermarket camaro z28 or sumthing. so im stuck right now, buts its a good time ta be cuz im broke anyway!
  9. Check the spark plugs, if they are diry on the inside it runs rich,check for oil leaks ask how many miles, get a pic for us to see
  10. bandit1

bandit1 Member

i had pictures taken of the blazer, but it was starting to get dark out when i took them and they didnt come out. today, i took another so hopefully i they'll come out and i can post it. its a new roll of film so it may be a while.
  11. dj6666969

dj6666969 Active Member

well can't wait to see it!
  12. Are you gonna make a lift kit or buy one?
  13. bandit1

bandit1 Member

if i have the money, i'll wanna get a nice lift kit, but if i dont, i dont wanna go half#@$%on it. i'd go with engine upgrades before lift tho I think.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.