K.V.Div

Nice to see an old freind on the road. I knew 8243 back before her rebuild when, as an original GP9 Ph3, she sported #8827 and, along with several of her sisters, was rotated out of Coquitlam B.C. to work the E&N on Vancouver Island.

Terry

interurban

Hi Dick my friend I do hope you can get a small digital some day , but it still cost money to upgrade the old P C to manage the shots.
Then its all gravy after that.
Unless you want prints:(
Take all mine and put them in a folder Marked Canadian shots:D :D :D :D

Hi Terry, very intresting wish you had a shot of the old girl as 8827, I will check the C P roster and see what I can dig up.

She sure has been around.;)

PS Will be posting more this weekend as I had a good Friday shoot;)

interurban

Hi Terry I found no recorded picture of 8827.
But here is a shot of 8833 one of her sister`s

Is this what she looked Like????????
I so bring back the old colours:D ;) :p

Attachments

• cp8833.jpg
    cp8833.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 100

K.V.Div

Ah Yes... That Classic Maroon and Grey with yellow border, nose and pilot stripes, It takes me back to my youth. A classic and beautiful paint scheme it is.
All of CP's GP9's on Vancouver Island in the 1980's and 1990's sported the Action red with multimark and that is how I remember them last.
I do have several pictures of the units and trains on Vancouver Island during that time and if I can figure out how to transfer them from my wife's scanner to my computer and then on to the forum, I will send out a bunch.
BTW, John Leeming is still hogging from Kamloops to North Bend and is still taking lots of pictures of CP operations:)
Cheers!

Terry

interurban

HI Terry.
I wonder if you have John Leeming `s web page link??????????:D
I wonder if you can post it here:D :D :D :D

Hope to see your pics soon.;)

K.V.Div

I'll try to get ahold of John and find out what his site (if he has one) is and will post one way or the other.
Posting pictures is still a new science to me, so please bear with me as I flail around in the mud, trying to figure it all out:eek:.
Cheers!

Terry

K.V.Div

Hey Chris, I decided to bring this thread back up as I have finally located my stacks of photos (or at least most of them) and can finally send you a few shots of the old girl in her younger days. ;)
Hard to beleve when I took these shots back in 1983-1987 that I thought these units were old. :)
First is one of 8827 and 8835 leaving Welcox yard in Nanaimo with the Port Alberni turn.

Terry

Attachments

• gp 9's 9 shrunk 20%.jpg
    gp 9's 9 shrunk 20%.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 75

K.V.Div

8827 and SW1200# 1238 waiting for orders to leave Victoria north to Nanaimo.

Attachments

• gp 9's no 11 shrunk 20%.jpg
    gp 9's no 11 shrunk 20%.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 62

K.V.Div

One last shot of 8827 and 1238 1 1/2 miles from Victoria, crossing Admirals Road next in Esquimalt.
Cheers!

Terry

Attachments

• gp 9's 6 shrunk 20%.jpg
    gp 9's 6 shrunk 20%.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 61

Woodie

BBBBRRRRRRRR!! More of that white stuff. :)

Hey.. what about "gif" ing tha last one to make the level crossing lights flash. :D :D :eek:

K.V.Div

Ya gotta love that white stuff Woodiy, after all, nothing builds character like a little snow!:D :D
Cheers!

Terry

interurban

Hi Woodie it`s spring now in Canada all the trees are budding and the birds are noisy:D

Terry those are wonderful shots thanks for finding them.
I saw a gp with the same orange coat yesterday, it stood out proud against the redish CP colour around her.
;) ;)