78 Cylon Centurion (adaptation) Build

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Cool! I'm looking forward to seeing the build. Don't worry about using other materials. One member used the paper parts as blueprints and made a Cylon warrior costume from aluminium. I'm sure yours will be very interesting to watch.

OB10

Personally, I'd just as soon build it out of plain paper, putty and smooth it, then paint it with a high-gloss black paint (like Tamiya) and then finish it off with Alclad II Chrome shot through a cheap airbrush. It can be carefully brush-painted, but that's too tedious for me. But it does produce a glossy, mirror finish:

Naboo-Royal_1.jpg

I'd prefer that to having to put up with delicate and tempermental silver cardstock and hope I don't get glue marks, fingerprints, or creases in the surface (t'cha, right; I can't even manage that with a 21 inch model. How could I do that with a full-size costume?).

Was the Naboo ship or the pic at http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/231/cimg2583.jpg/ brush painted? I'm guessing they were sprayed, but if they were brush painted, color me impressed! :thumb: I know there are many people who are much better brush painters than I am, but still.... Seems like brush painting small parts would be much easier than a helmet sized piece.

kevlary

Looking forward to seeing the work in progress on this cylon build particularly the elctronics for the scanner

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Was the Naboo ship or the pic at http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/231/cimg2583.jpg/ brush painted? I'm guessing they were sprayed, but if they were brush painted, color me impressed! :thumb: I know there are many people who are much better brush painters than I am, but still.... Seems like brush painting small parts would be much easier than a helmet sized piece.

Is that actual picture or a Render? Looks too good to be true! :)

OB10

I was wondering, too! The Naboo ship I presumed was a model, painted.... somehow..... I'm not sure where the imageshack photo of the fender looking thing comes from. I didn't see it in the thread until I tried to post, and it showed up. Judging by the apparent overspray, I was guessing it was spray painted. It'd be nice to see some closer pictures of the brush painted chrome.

Of course, I could just finally open that bottle I've got and give it a try, but that seems like work. :mrgreen: