70 years of an Espee Branchline.

MilesWestern

Sep 20, 2005
CA
protopaintwest.googlepages.com
I've had these pics stored in the gallery for quite awhile, in hope to do sometime like this, so here it goes!

It's 1905, and a diminutive 2-6-0 Mogul trundles into town with the local in tow.
1900r.JPG

35 years have passed, and a little has changed, war looms ahead, unknown to the people of Arguello, Ca.

1940_449912.JPG

The WAR IS OVER!...and fortunately the great industrial muscle of the United States triumphs again! :wave:

Also another war is afoot, between diesel and steam... :cry: ...defeat would come in 1958 for the espee, there's still six years to go before that happens.
1952.JPG

It's 1958, and the espee has dieselized. Here an SD9 works the local today. The local feed store has surcumbed to a violent fire, espically after the black powder stores went up in the blaze!
1958.JPG

A decade later, a brand-new SW1500 works the Mission Valley turn, now down to a few industries from it's once glorious past, this switcher will work the line until the UP aquires this line in January 1996. The UP sends a tri-weekly turn over the line to pick the fragment of traffic the once prosperous line once provided. Note: This is the alternate history, omiting my shortline.

1968.JPG

UP SD40-2

Apr 29, 2006
VERY WELL DONE MILES!!!:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :D i liked ALL the changes you made!!!:thumb: :thumb: BTW, NICE UP reefer;) . funny how i can pick out ANYTHING UP in picstooth1 sign1 GOOD JOB Miles!!:D -Deano

LoudMusic

Jul 21, 2006
That poor man in the green shirt. Chained to the banister for all those years. I guess he got 'dozed with the building.

I almost hate to say it, but I like the SW photo the most. I usually find image quality to be most important to me, then content. I bet most would argue otherwise, but that's the way I approach a picture.