65ft. single stall loco shed

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
I painted the shingles gray, then put a thin wash of black over them and added some green trying to make it look like moss growth.

Attachments

• eh5.jpg
    eh5.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 405

RailRon

Oh Robin, it's just great that you, our cardboard wizard, rides again! :thumb:

Nn3 logging, you say? It's getting always smaller and smaller! Wow - but it's just about the right thing for such a talented modeller like you. The enginehouse looks already really great. :cool:

And like Frank [DeaconF] I am wondering about the precision of your non-warped cardboard planks. Truly outstanding! When I try, perhaps four out of five look like corkscrews... :eek:ops:

Ron

N Gauger

1:20.3 Train Addict
Nice stuff Robin!!!!!!! :D :D :D Here's mine so far :)

Attachments

• LocoShed 008.jpg
    LocoShed 008.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 452
  • LocoShed 005.jpg
    LocoShed 005.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 396

N Gauger

Shingles??? :cry: :eek: :cry: :eek: :cry:

------ Mikey starts clearing a space on the wall - to start banging his head :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Matthyro

Its good to see your progress Mikey.
Here is the last photo of mine showing smoke jacks installed.
They look too big but on the drawings and photos I have the smoke jacks are 5ft 6in in diameter so that is what I have done .

Attachments

• eh6.jpg
    eh6.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 350

MasonJar

It's not rocket surgery
Matthyro said:
Its good to see your progress Mikey.
Here is the last photo of mine showing smoke jacks installed.
They look too big but on the drawings and photos I have the smoke jacks are 5ft 6in in diameter so that is what I have done .

Hi Robin,

I am putting together an HO scale "backwoods engine house" kit that also happens to be 65 feet long. The reason the smoke jacks (and possibly other details) look so huge is becasue it is a small shed. 65' is long enough (just) for a Shay or Climax, but anything bigger than a 2-6-0 with a short tender is pushing it!

Nice work, by the way. The unfinished roof with the "flakes" showing reminds me of barns with advertising painted on the roof!

Andrew

N Gauger

For those of you that missed this story, Robin decided to build this Really Cool Shed, in Georgetown, Ontario,Canada, in Nn3: (Top Picture)

I decided to follow his directions, here in PA, and see if I could copy his great work........ IN G !!! :eek: 1:20.3 to be exact........ Just big enough or the Bachman Climax locomotive....... (Bottom Picture)

Attachments

• eh6.jpg
    eh6.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 367
  • LocoShedG.jpg
    LocoShedG.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 393

N Gauger

Mine looks taller, because it's actually only 42 scale feet - not 65' ...... Not enough room for a shed that big :D :D :D

rebel

wow old time construction !!!!

Matthyro wonder what you could do with scale wood instead of cereal boxes!

:thumb: It's really great to see two models come together in two different scales at the same time. That has almost got to be a model railroading first! Keep up the great work, and please keep posting!
--Stu--

Matthyro

Rebel, I have tried cutting pine into N scale wood but found that I would need one of those $800 band saws to do it properly. I have a Delta 8inch band saw that would be good for O or G scale but find the blade tends to wander a bit, even though I have got the tension as close as I can. Cardboard is just so much easier to work with.
Thanks for all the encourgement that you folks give us here at the GAUGE