50" Star Destroyer build

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Millenniumfalsehood, Jul 23, 2008.

1. oriod01

oriod01 Member

I think I'm in love... will you marry me. LOL
  2. mordor621

mordor621 New Member

3. wildman

wildman New Member

Keep up the good work.
    it's lookin good
  4. Millenniumfalsehood

Millenniumfalsehood Active Member

Nope, not dead yet guys. Just giving it a rest while I finish some other, more demanding projects on the table. Plus I would need to scratchbuild the engine section because Flarebaffled hasn't released it yet, so I'm not really in a big hurry to finish the hull.

Believe me, I want this one bad. I just can't justify working on it when it needs the rest of the hull parts by Flarebaffled and there are other, more 'finishable' projects to do (such as the Ko-Dan Deck Fighter as a companion piece to Thunderchild's Gunstar). :cool:

Whoa man, I don't play for that team! sign1
  5. oriod01

oriod01 Member

Anyone heard how Flarebaffled's wife is doing?
  6. dirtybrit619

dirtybrit619 New Member

how is this build coming along?
  7. oriod01

oriod01 Member

I can't speak with authority on this, but I do know that this is a scale-up of Flarebaffled's Star Destroyer. Flarebaffled suspended this due to something much more important... his wife was/is wrestling with cancer. It is quite possible that this may project may never be resumed. I think it is best to treat this as a project that is not to be, even though it could be. Anyone who has had cancer or known someone who has, knows it is a very long, scary, painful, exhausting, depressing ordeal and everything else becomes completely irrelevant. I think I speak for everyone here that Flarebaffled's family is in our prayers/thoughts. We wish the best for them, and don't expect anything regarding this model. That said has anyone heard how his wife is doing?
  8. Millenniumfalsehood

Millenniumfalsehood Active Member

Eventually, I will pick this back up and scratch build the rest of the ship. I know how cancer can affect someone, especially if it's someone's wife, so I'm not expecting the rest of the model to be released any time soon, if ever.

I've done a lot of scratchbuilding, and something like the Star Destroyer is relatively easy to do because of it's blockiness. I am just not in the mood to work on it right now unfortunately. I do want to build it, just not now.
  9. MTK

MTK Active Member