4x8 Layout Photo Site

up_santafe

Hi all,

Thought I would finally share some photos of my 4x8 HO layout before demolition this spring.

This layout has a lot of action for its size and it is not uncommon to find 5 consists running at once. (Thanks to DCC)

The plan is in the works for a new 6x11 and hopefully much of this layout can be salvaged. Though the plan is quite different.

This was my first layout attempt in 40 years (when I was 13 I had a 4x8 with an oval and couple switches) and was good practice for the next one. No more curves under 22" or turnouts less than #6's. As you can see, I like to run big steam and mu'd F7s.

Let me know what you think. Criticism accepted, sometimes an outsider can see things I don't. Enjoy!
icon_smile.gif

Ray

http://community.webshots.com/user/up_santafe

ezdays

Out AZ way
Ray,

It would be easier to comment if you either gave us a link, or posted your pictures :eek:ops:

If you need help with that, Fred has posted a sticky on top of the Photo Forum, so take a look.

jkristia

You have some really nice detail on that layout, and you have managed to put a lot of 'stuff' into that small space. I agree that your BigBoy looks a bit funny on those tight curves, hopefully it will look more at home on your new 6x11 layout.
Everything, buildings, details etc. looks great, only thing (and that is just my personal preference) is that it's too cramped.
Looking forward to see some progress pictures of your new layout.

Jesper

ezdays

Out AZ way
jkristia said:
Don, click on his webshot link and that will take you to his pictures
OK, I am using the blue background and the blue text doesn't show up until I've had at least two cups of coffee. :wave: :wave: