4X6 layout plan

NSnosteam

Sep 21, 2006
hey every body so glad to meet you all in a previous post!

well i went down to my local club and we were talking about it and decided to build a 4X6 layout plan does any one have any ideas?
-Bradin

RobertInOntario

Mar 22, 2006
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Atlas publishes a series of short how-to booklets. There is one that is just on track plans -- I have it at home and could get its title if you'd like. Otherwise, you could just google Atlas and probably find it on their website. Many hobby shops also carry these Atlas books.

If I was starting over, I'd strictly follow a track plan. I built my current 4x6 layout totally by trial and error, and guesswork, which is probably why I've had so many problems in the past. It's working well now, though!

Rob

jetrock

Dec 18, 2003
Visit site
Look around for HO scale 5x9 plans. 5x9 used to be a fairly common HO scale--it's the size of a ping-pong table--and were much liked for the extra bit of room you could give such a plan compared to the traditional 4x8. Because N is slightly bigger than half the size of HO, 4x6 feet scales out pretty close to a generous and forgiving 5x9 HO scale plan. Some sort of view block, like a center divider or tall mountains, will help a 4x6 plan look more spacious and less toylike.