4wd 1/10 Electric Offroad Racing

Discussion in 'RC Offroad Forum' started by Cain, May 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cain

Cain New Member

Hi All,

just wanted to post some news on this, various kits are coming out to increase the number of people running 4wd offroad electric. A few are listed here:

BJ4x4 Buggy
    Academy SB-Sport Buggy
    X-5 XX-4 Conversion
    TC3-O V2 Conversion

Along with the various vehicles out by Losi and Yokomo, should provide good racing.

Currently I am an owner of an Academy SB Sport Buggy, which can be had at Ultimate hobbies for $149 shipped. It currently is running quite well in europing, placing or winning events against race level buggies with few hopups added such as complete bearings and different shock spring selections. A competent racer for the money and is noted by European drivers to be much more durable than the current 4wd vehicles. More info from MRC / Academy is located here www.modelrec.com . Also discussions about the vehicle can be found at rctech.net and rc10B4.com forums.

The BJ4x4 looks to be the perfect vehicle for those who want a fully tricked out racer, no expense spared. Currently it is going for $450, but every option you could want will be on the buggy. For those who are looking for a fully optioned racer out of the box, this could be for you. more info can be found at rc10b4.com forums and a link to the site it is sold at.

The X-5 conversion is for you guys who still have XX-4s and want to convert it to an easy to maintain single belt drive. This will give you all the handling your previous XX-4 vehicle had with the acceleration and efficiency that your XXX-4 has due to the single belt. It will currently is selling at the special price of $169. More info can be found at www.4wdrc.com
  2. Taz_S

Taz_S New Member

I selling my Yokomo BCCS but i picking up a SB soon.
  3. Cain

Cain New Member

Cool. I have the vehicle and it works quite well. THe only thing that can be a pain is the motor mount system. An aftermarket company Kose is coming out with a better mount similar to the one that BMI uses on the TC3. a good thread is going on at www.rctech.net about the Academy buggy.
  4. Taz_S

Taz_S New Member

yea but i thougt you got yours thouth mrc?
  5. Cain

Cain New Member

I got mine from ultimate hobbies for $145. The Kose thing is for those who want to get some hop-ups as they are coming out with some pretty cool ones.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.