40k paperhammer'er

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by ARMORMAN, Aug 30, 2012.

Just an FYI, I tend to mostly use plain ol' Elmer's and use the Loctite Super Gel for tacking things together, if necessary. Post pics of your build!
  2. terrinecold

terrinecold Member

and Zathros will surely mention the toxicity of the vapor of superglue which makes it inapropriate for heavy use.
    I use both white glue and UHU glue depending. Even some times when laminating large pieces some spray glue from 3M meant for the back of photos
  3. Zathros

Zathros Guest

I hope I don't come off as a "jerk" about this. I know quite a few modelers who have P.M.'d me about how they can't even be in a room with the stuff as any part of their uncovered skin breaks out in a rash. I still use the stuff, very occasionally. I fixed a broken piece of a pulley in my MG 16 years ago, and it still is holding! I used the catalysts with it which speeds up the process, and I also used the "Gel" type of Crazy Glue. We're all adults here. Just gotta be careful and aware of what we're doing.

I found that 3M would let loose in about two years. I was using PhotoMount Maybe they have changed the formula? :)
  4. terrinecold

terrinecold Member

I don't think you come out bad, it is a legitimate warning, that glue has use but not for everything.
    For the photomount you know for how long I have been doing paper modeling (not a year yet), which means I don't have the required 2+ years of experience, I hope I wont have bad surprises
  5. Leibolmai

Leibolmai Member

I know I tried the original photmount glue, and just didn't get the stick I was looking for. The other issue I found with it is that it ran the colors off the printed side of the cardstock if I over applied with the glue stick. I was using the 3M stuff that goes on purple and dries clear, I can't recall the exact brand. When I applied it to printed side, it would strip the "ink" right off, even days after printing out all the card parts. I got through the leg of warhound titan before scrapping it and starting my rus. I'll post pics when I get a chance.

I've been using super glue routinely in a ventialated area with no issues so far, except getting my fingers stuck a few times. Helps with all the broken Gobots I saved from being a kid that my son plays with now too lol.