4 wheel bobber

Discussion in 'Scratchin' & Bashin'' started by sumpter250, Jun 7, 2002.

1. sumpter250

sumpter250 multiscale modelbuilder

When I finished the logging caboose, Shamus replied," next one to make is the bobber (4wheel job)".
    I had a Mantua frame, and a Rivarossi car body buried in the bottom of a box full of stuff. I moved the cupola, and re-did the sides as single sheathed, or outside braced.

Attached Files:

2. sumpter250

When I get some decals, I'll letter, and weather it. Here's the end view.

Attached Files:

3. alkcnw

alkcnw Member

Sumpter, I love the perspective on the end view photo!!:eek:
  4. Vic

Vic Active Member

Great!!:) I must build something similar for the ETMC mine train. The lease is almost up on the D&RGW shack they've been running!:D Thanks for the idea! On the way to "plunder" in the junkbox right now!
  5. Tyson Rayles

Tyson Rayles Active Member

6. shamus

shamus Registered Member

Sumpter my friend, thats Butty-full, neat idea you had my friend, using the Mantua frame.
  7. Catt

Catt Guest

Hey, I need one of those in 0n30.:( Oh darn another scratchbuilding project.:D :D :D
  8. Drew1125

Drew1125 Active Member

Nice piece of work, Pete!
    I really like the outside bracing...that's something you don't see too often on that type of model.
    And, those handrails...what can I say?
    :cool: :cool: :cool:
  9. sumpter250

On30 !?! I have, so far, avoided that temptation, because scratchbuilding is about the only way to have rolling stock.
  10. Catt

Catt Guest

11. sumpter250

Went to the site. Seems to me I used to go near, or through Wappingers falls N.Y. when I was a kid.
    A classA 2truck shay!!! in On30!!!? I may be in BIG trouble now!
    Thanks for the link, and have fun with the narrow gauge.
  12. Catt

Catt Guest

Pete,I'm actually in lust with that little Bachmann 0-4-4 Porter saddletanker with a Banta Modelworks wintercab.Only thing is they cost money and I can scratchbuild boxcabs and put them on mechs I already have.And yes that Shay is sooooooooooooooo tempting.
  13. Bobber Photo

Sumpter, I love the end view of your bobber photo. Man, what a great shot! Nice photo and nice modeling :cool: