4 wheel bobber

sumpter250

multiscale modelbuilder
When I finished the logging caboose, Shamus replied," next one to make is the bobber (4wheel job)".
I had a Mantua frame, and a Rivarossi car body buried in the bottom of a box full of stuff. I moved the cupola, and re-did the sides as single sheathed, or outside braced.

Attachments

• bobbercnr.jpg
    bobbercnr.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 212

sumpter250

multiscale modelbuilder
When I get some decals, I'll letter, and weather it. Here's the end view.

Attachments

• bobberend.jpg
    bobberend.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 205

Vic

Great!!:) I must build something similar for the ETMC mine train. The lease is almost up on the D&RGW shack they've been running!:D Thanks for the idea! On the way to "plunder" in the junkbox right now!

shamus

Registered Member
Sumpter my friend, thats Butty-full, neat idea you had my friend, using the Mantua frame.
Shamus

C

Catt

Hey, I need one of those in 0n30.:( Oh darn another scratchbuilding project.:D :D :D

Drew1125

Nice piece of work, Pete!
I really like the outside bracing...that's something you don't see too often on that type of model.
And, those handrails...what can I say?
:cool: :cool: :cool:

sumpter250

multiscale modelbuilder
Catt,
On30 !?! I have, so far, avoided that temptation, because scratchbuilding is about the only way to have rolling stock.
Pete

sumpter250

multiscale modelbuilder
Catt,
Went to the site. Seems to me I used to go near, or through Wappingers falls N.Y. when I was a kid.
A classA 2truck shay!!! in On30!!!? I may be in BIG trouble now!
Thanks for the link, and have fun with the narrow gauge.
Pete

C

Catt

Pete,I'm actually in lust with that little Bachmann 0-4-4 Porter saddletanker with a Banta Modelworks wintercab.Only thing is they cost money and I can scratchbuild boxcabs and put them on mechs I already have.And yes that Shay is sooooooooooooooo tempting.