4-21-07 Weekend Modeling Plans?

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by Gary S., Apr 20, 2007.

1. Gary S.

Gary S. Senior Member

What is everyone doing this weekend?

Me, I plan on adding more frog feeders and point feeders to the switches, I'll probably build a few boxcar kits (accurail and concor), and operate the trains a bit. I also need to do some work on car cards and waybills.
  2. scubadude

scubadude Member

I was planning on working on my kitbuild challenge project, but my wife says I'm gonna do the yard work this weekend!
  3. Gary S.

Gary S. Senior Member

is that just a small interchange yard, or a full-on major classification yard?
  4. Twiget

Twiget Member

For me this is not going to be a modeling weekend. Honey do list says I am going to be planting roses and mulching.
  5. RobertInOntario

RobertInOntario Active Member

Only a few plans. I hope to finish "kitbashing" a loco that I've been converting and I might get to run my trains on one evening. After a very wintry April in Ontario, the weather's finally turned springlike (sunny and into the 70s), so I think I'll be outside a bit more. Rob
  6. Torpedo

Torpedo Member

I was planning on working on my kitbuild challenge project, but my wife says I'm gonna do the yard work this weekend!

We probably shouldn't ask for a description of the yard goat. :D:D:D
  7. Twiget

Twiget Member

I do not believe you went there.sign1 sign1 sign1
  8. erikstoll

erikstoll New Member

perhaps heading to sacramento to hit a hobby shop, if the weather permits
  9. scubadude

scubadude Member

Good one, Torpedo, I owe you one! Tough crowd........
  10. Torpedo

Torpedo Member

I know. I know. I may regret that one........
  11. waredbear

waredbear Member

SPEND MONEY $$$$$$$

I just came from the hobby store where I bought 5 lengths of HO flex track, 5 length of H flex track and cork to do under all of it. I also picked up some tack joints, a rail saw and a couple of X's for a figure 8.

I'm currenly watching a train set on E-Bay...I might really be in trouble by the time I get home. :thumb:
  12. Nomad

Nomad Active Member

I got all the Kadee delayed magnets the lhs had today, so I plan on installing them, plus I hope to reconfigure my loco service area.

13. Gary S.

Gary S. Senior Member

Well, I want pictures of what everyone accomplishes! So far this evening, I got point feeders to 3 switches and frog feeders to 4. I'll get back to work tomorrow afternoon.
  14. waredbear

waredbear Member

Here is a picture of the train set that I bought last night for $98. I am pumped!!! I've wanted a Great Northern Empire Builder set for so loonngg. The E-8's are out of my date range of the 50's but I will use them until I can get my hands on a F7 or E3.

Now to go to work on my coffee table set-up. I will post pictures as I go along.

In His Service,

Note: This passenger line is NOT for the coffee table lay-out. I have a Dewitt and a Prairie Flyer for that. Both are short and can take the tight curves.
  15. Torpedo

Torpedo Member

You want pictures of the bushes I trimmed plus the two I yanked out of the bed? :confused::confused::confused:

You can quit laughing anytime, scubadude. :oops:
  16. scubadude

scubadude Member

I will try to get some pics of my yard goat!!!!!!
  17. Gary S.

Gary S. Senior Member

I'm exhausted. So far, I have spent 4 hours putting in the frog feeders and point feeders. Still got a few more to go. :rolleyes:

My P2K GP30 pulled 34 of the 6 ounce cars without even straining. The starting was also very smooth. I am liking them more and more.
  18. 60103

60103 Pooh Bah

Our club held a Symposium today. We rented a cafeteria off a rec centre. It was like a small train show, but not open to the public. A lot of demostrations, some sales tables, a bunch of not-ready-for-prime-time layouts and a set of talks/discussions. This included scenery, Kadee couplings for British stock and DCC for British trains. (did you guess we have a slight bias?) I did my cardboard building kits again (i'm still working on one wall of an engine shed) while two O-gauge guys spent the day installing one of those wire couplings with magnets (end of day: 2 couplings possibly installed), O gauge running, G gauge or #1 gauge, a TT-3 layout and 2 (!) Trix Twin layouts.
    And the club provided lunch for everyone!
    Note on Trix Twin: the first track/train system to successfully exploit plastic track bases. 3 rails, all insulated, using the centre rail as common and one of the outside rails for return to allow independent control of 2 trains on one track (and a third using overhead wire).
  19. Gary S.

Gary S. Senior Member

:wave: nice!
  20. Torpedo

Torpedo Member

I received a Trix Twin set for Xmas when I was six or seven. Haven't thought about that for a long time. Funny thing, I remember the switch controls clearer than anything else.