3D soldier french revolution

Discussion in 'Internet Finds' started by Durandal, May 11, 2005.

1. Durandal

Durandal New Member

First of all, excuse me for my bad English.
    I can read (and understand !) your texts, but when it is a question of writing myself, it is another matter ! :roll:
    Congratulations for your excellent site which I discovered recently.
    Having a leg in the plaster for still several weeks, I started to build the Epson Nakajima racing car (free download)... I will upload photographs when it is finished.
    While waiting for, I sent on the album the photographs of a paper soldier (French revolution 1789) that my father has built in the years 1960.
    This kit was offered by a service station if my memory is good. Have already considering this kind of model ?
    Unfortunately, I do not have any indication of the editor...
  2. Ashrunner

Ashrunner Member

Welcome to Cardmodels.net. The French soldier model looks good. Your father did a good job. Was the model part of a set of figures?

Definitely post photos of your Epson race car. A lot of folks here are interested in that one.

Again, welcome 8v)
  3. Renaud

Renaud Member

Is my French good?

On n'est déjà pas assez de Français, alors si de plus il faut s'excuser...j'aime bien reconnaître retrouver quelques gallicismes dans un texte anglais, alors je me sens moins coupable également.
  4. cygielski

cygielski Member

Welcome. The soldier is certainly an unusual piece -- the only other card model of a human figure I've seen was a Teutonic knight, in full (and therefore easily modeled) armor.

PS. I think a lot of people would like their English to be as "bad" as yours.
  5. Durandal

Durandal New Member

I don’t know if this model formed part of a set…
    I think Simon is right. That sort of model was already very exceptional at
    that time and completely disappeared today. It’s a pity because with drawing sofwares, quality would have been much better.
    Renaud, you’r right too, there are not enough French people who
    practises card modelism! Probably because of the plastic kits !