3D Modeling

Discussion in 'General Card Modeling' started by shoki2000, Jun 26, 2005.

1. shoki2000

shoki2000 Active Member

I know that this is not exactly card modeling but it could be used as an excellent reference to actually build a card model...
    I received proposition to offer 3D computer models for sale through GreMir Models website.
    CD will contain up to 500 high resolution renderings (this will depend on the size of the model of course) and price would be in the same range as our models.
    As a sample, I'm attaching renderings of a German U-boot.

What I'm looking for is some feedback if there is any interest in this type of modeling....
  2. barry

barry Active Member

If it came with the underlying drawing it would be good I think

3. shoki2000

shoki2000 Active Member

There is a copyright issue.
    Those are commercially available palns and I cannot just include them on the CD.
    We would like to keep the cost of the CD to the necessary minimum...
  4. barry

barry Active Member

I'll settle for a list of the originals quite happy to buy if necessary especially if it gives an address where it was obtained.

5. Leif Oh

Leif Oh Member

Besides everything else, how beautiful images! - Leif
  6. Gil

Gil Active Member

Nice pictures..., something nice to view on an internet site but I feel that it's not something that I'd buy for cardmodeling. A lot of effort has gone into this and it would be nice to find a way to morph it into cardmodels.

I'm wondering what the original intent for developing these was in the first place?

7. Willja67

Willja67 Member

Where do you buy the plans that this was designed from? My personal interest is airplanes and I'm always struggling to find plan views and especially cross sections to use in my models. I guess the question is; Where can you find such info on airplanes?
  8. NOBI

NOBI Active Member

9. shoki2000

shoki2000 Active Member

This particular model was created to become part of the U-boot monography to be published in Poland.
    I don't know what materials were used to create it, but the model the same author is working on right now is based on Gakken, Maru Mechanics, Myukikai and plenty more and it will be used to create card model in the future 8)
    There are also several 3D planes created by Rafal Ciesielski and what became of them you can see on my page :D
  10. Willja67

Willja67 Member

Thanks to Nobi and charliec for their replies to my question. That info will definately be appreciated and used.