3d mocel to pepakura question

Discussion in 'Tips, Tutorials & Tools' started by video567, May 2, 2004.

1. video567

video567 New Member

hi i need some help. i have a 3d model i want to use in pepakura but when i convert it in the program i get nothing but a bunch of triangles, if anyone can offer advice or know of a good tutorial on the net on using the program i would appreciate it
    i ahve the 3ds file if anyone want to try it
  2. wunwinglow

wunwinglow Active Member

If all the triangles are seperate, you have to weld all the vertices in your model. It sounds like each triangle is seperate from its neighbours, so pepakura treats them individually. I don't know 3ds software, but have a look for welding in the help files. Once all the points are welded, pepakura will split the model so it can be opened out flat. You can refine this after the developed shape is created, as well as indicating where you want splits on the model, before you create the development.

How many triangles are there in your model? Let us know if this solves the problem! I'd be happy to look at the file if you want.

PS http://s93816356.onlinehome.us/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=296 might help...
  3. video567

video567 New Member

cool thanks for writing .. the welding im gonna have to try that. i have a 3ds model of a HAL 9000 computer do you know of anyone what would want to try to see if its convertable in pepakura? thank you!