Threads: 13,058, Posts: 137,514

as of 6:50pm EDT

:thumb: :thumb:

Andrew

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
Dec 28, 2000
Georgetown, Ontario,Canada
To gain 3000 thousand members is a real accomplishment so a BIG thank you to all members for making the Gauge a place to come.
Many members just come to look and get information and hopefully they will find a reason to post but as long as they are here, they are very welcome. I know when railroad forums first started, I was a member for about a year before I made my first post. These days I find it hard to keep my big yap shut!

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
Gee, it didn't seem that long ago that we had a contest to guess when our 2000th member would sign up. :wave::wave::wave::wave:

Yeah, as Cidchase said, it would be great to have more members that were active, but that's not unusal, and having 660 that have posted more than 10 times isn't so bad either considering the number of "visitors" we get that seem to view what we have to say on a regular basis. That's good too since it implies that we have something worthwhile to say.:thumb::thumb:

The Gauge has just the right amount of activity for me. Some RR forums only show a few posts a day, some only a few in a week.:sleeping::sleeping: There's at least one that it is impossible to keep up with. Post something there and come back the next day and it's off the radar screen. :curse::curse:

Those that do post here on a regular basis are knowledgable and willing to share that knowledge. Pictures are what takes this forum to a higher level than most, and yeah, I'd like to see more in our monthly contests, but 28 fine entries is nothing to sneeze about either (a very old saying). Everyone here is friendly and concerned and are just great to be around.:D:D:D:D

rcline

Jul 26, 2004
Byers, Tx. 76357
www.geocities.com
Where is everyone? I'm here! But my work isn't good enough to place in a contest!
I'm still just a beginner. But maybe some day! I tried to vote in the photo contest, but for some reason the gauge won't let me vote for all the photos at the same time! I thought that they all looked good so I tried to vote for all of them. HAY! you mods need to fix it so I can vote for all of them at the same time!!! PLEASE! PLEASE! Would you do that for me? PLEASE?

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
rcline said:
Where is everyone? I'm here! But my work isn't good enough to place in a contest!
I'm still just a beginner. But maybe some day! I tried to vote in the photo contest, but for some reason the gauge won't let me vote for all the photos at the same time! I thought that they all looked good so I tried to vote for all of them. HAY! you mods need to fix it so I can vote for all of them at the same time!!! PLEASE! PLEASE! Would you do that for me? PLEASE?
Gee, would love to accommodate you, but, no can do..:cry:I agree, all entries are worthy of a vote, but if we let everyone vote for more than one entry, we would never wind up with a winner, and that's the purpose of a contest in the first place.:)

Let's face it, if you want to put in one vote for each entry, than not voting at all will have the same affect, and surely you don't want to not vote, do you?

BTW, give it a try. My entries aren't that great either, but they'll never get any better if I don't try and I have a lot of fun setting up the shots regardless.

john_HO

Mar 28, 2005
Just looking.

Hello all.
I am one of the new members who comes in here for a regular (daily) look to learn. So although I may not be posting you guys are still passing on excellent information. I will eventually post when I can't find an answer I am looking for. That in itself says a fair bit I think.

wave.gif
Cheers
John
para-quad layout Perth Western Australia.

N Gauger

1:20.3 Train Addict
Dec 20, 2000
South Eastern, PA
mywebpages.comcast.net
I'd like to vote on 2 selections "once-in-a-while"... It always seems to come down to two that I have to choose from. :( :( But the way the polls are set up is vote for one or vote for as many as you want :( so we have to allow only one per person.

N Gauger

1:20.3 Train Addict
Dec 20, 2000
South Eastern, PA
mywebpages.comcast.net
Livesteam said:
Where is everyone?
Yeah - I've been looking at that too :( Seems we have a huge amount of Lurkers that find The Gauge on Goooooogle & stop in.. only to register, look around for an hour or less and never come back in :( :( :( Plus about 20 - 30 of those 3000 are deleted people that set up ads & that's all they did :( :(

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
N Gauger said:
Yeah - I've been looking at that too :( Seems we have a huge amount of Lurkers that find The Gauge on Goooooogle & stop in.. only to register, look around for an hour or less and never come back in :( :( :( Plus about 20 - 30 of those 3000 are deleted people that set up ads & that's all they did :( :(
I know we would all like more people to participate and post, but boy howdy, can you see 3000 people posting every day and trying to keep up with that kind of activity??:eek::eek::eek::eek: Wooohweee, post something in the morning and by noon it's on page 47 :D:D:D:D

Don't get me wrong, I welcome any and all posts (except for the few spammers that you are talking about), just that there is a comfortable degree of activity here. Not so much that it is overwhelming, but not so slow that it becomes boring either. Join in some of you lurkers, I'll bet you have some great stuff to share with us.:wave::wave::wave::wave:

Sure would like to see a bunch more folks enter the photo competition too.:thumb::thumb: