3' Sulaco Beta Build

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by knightstalker527, Nov 28, 2007.

1. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

Thanks and WHOOT~:thumb:
  2. ashinigami

ashinigami New Member

I was wondering when connecting pieces 1a and 1b do you overlap or but ends
  3. Master-Bruce

Master-Bruce Active Member

Butt the ends up, using a strip on scrap card to fix them to eachother. Sorry, thought I'd made a note of that on the instructions??
  4. ashinigami

ashinigami New Member

sorry i didn't notice it in the instructions but thanks for clearing that up for me
  5. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

Congrats to wrapping up this project. A hard thing to do but you did it.

I'd like to see someone build and stage a shoot of it.
  6. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

I might try that, if I can ever get this software to work. I bought some home studio and editing software and cannot get it to work. Naturally the support hasn't been stellar, therefore I cannot recommend this at this time. The software that is. I definitely recommend the model.:thumb:
  7. Thanks steveo but there are still upgrade sets coming so not wrapped up yet.
    I am looking forward to seeing all the models going together. Thank you Skulp for getting to that question as I have been out of the loop today job hunting.
    I am at a stand still on my model until I purchase more ink. So keep it tuned here for more updates soon.:wave:
  8. Hey guy's I have finished the side sponsons so now she has a bite. Here is a pic.:thumb:

Attached Files:

9. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

That looks great! Over all, how difficult would you rate this model? There are a lot of pages and a lot of parts, but it doesn't seem that difficult to assemble. What say you?

10. First Thanks:mrgreen:.
    Second: I would not suggest this model as your first one, But on a scale of 1-10 I say about a 4 on difficulty. There are a lot of pages (26) but most are grouped into sub assemblies that when broken down it gets easier to follow.
    I hope this helps everyone who is considering this model because it really will give you a great sense of accomplishment when it is finished:rolleyes:.

11. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

Thanks, that's kind of how I figured it, a lot of parts, not a lot of difficulty.:mrgreen:
  12. Hey Skupilkinson hows the updates coming? Not trying to rush anything as I still need to buy ink. Seems as the big girl is a thirsty beast.

13. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

How's this build coming? I'm sending my print lady my copy tonight, so I can get on this. Still having printer problems, guess I'm going to have to find an ink pusher. The OEM stuff costs to much, need a cheap fix.:mrgreen:
  14. ekuth

ekuth Active Member

I use refill kits myself. Once you learn the knack of it, they work well. I can get about 6 to 8 refills before I have to replace the cartridge.

Of course, I've got a Lexmark... I can't speak for refilling HP's.
  15. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

I have a Lexmark, three actually and have tried refill kits as well as taking the cartridges to WalGreens and it's just not working. I'm going to have to buy new cartridges and they are costly.
  16. OylPslyk

OylPslyk Aspiring Usurper

I've found that after refilling mine it works much better if i use a q-tip with alcohol to clean the "business end" before re-installing. they can get clogged easily especially if they've been refilled several times.
  17. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

Believe it, or not I've tried all of that. I think I'm going to have to break down and buy at least one set of cartridges and try them out. If the problems persist I'm going to have to look at reinstalling all of the drivers and trying again... I don't know, it's baffled me for a couple of weeks. I've already uninstalled the separate printers and reinstalled them, restarted the computers.... I just hope the cartridges do the trick.
  18. Hey gang I am back and building!:thumb: My net connection was down for a while but has since been corrected. I will post some new pics of the sulaco shortly.

Glad to be back!!!!!
  19. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

Glad you're back, looking forward to your updates.:thumb:
  20. Here are some new pics of progress.
    Also if you all are trying to do the 54" model plan on purchasing ALOT of ink. I have tried the walgreens approach to refills but the colors are always off a few shades. Any way here are the pics.

BTW where are all the other builds of this thing at???? No pics from them:confused:?

Attached Files: