3' Sulaco Beta Build

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by knightstalker527, Nov 28, 2007.

1. Nothing: I had a texture here that I put on her just to busy it up due to her size. I did not want to go all out as a upgrade pak was coming from Skulp.
    I wanted it to have a little texture for the wait. I can send it to anyone who wants it.
    Jan/Aliens 99: Awesome texture would love to have it. However I believe it would defeat the goal skulp had for his ship.
    skupilkinson: I forgot you were across the pond and a little ahead of me in the heartland.
    I will post some more pics later today.:wave:

2. Alien99

Alien99 Papercraft Member

SKUPILKINSON: The picture is from my long lost test of the building of the Sulaco transport (2002).I´ll build my own piece someday in the far far future.....I hope ;-)

knightstalker527: Don´t worry...this is the one and only piece of my work at the Sulaco.

BTW, I know really good trick to make Sulaco model more real ,like from the movie....I saw in this thread and recognized that, You are using the D.Proctors 3d model of the Sulaco as the reference competely with his SULACO logo.

Look at the picture below. This is D.Proctors model of the Sulaco with the real movie USS SULACO "font" on it´s side.

It looks more real ....more Alienish :mrgreen::thumb: ...And it takes so little :cool:
  3. Yea but your textures are cool and I look forward to your release also.
  4. Master-Bruce

Master-Bruce Active Member

Thanks Jan. Yeah I loved Derrins meshes. A great shame his web site has gone. I have no idea what happened to him. That's a great piece o work on the Sulaco logo. ;)

Sorry to ask, but how are things progressing with your Dropship model? The larger one with the moving parts? I know you've been busy with some great CG animation but I'm real keen to see this large Dropship. I was going to design one instead of the Sulaco but I didn't want to step on your toes.

Looking forward to any new models from you Jan. You and your models were my first taste of papermodelling so I always get excited when you offer something new. I owe you dude!

5. Ok now the update pics. I put the little one in the first shot to give scale. The little one did not survive the grandchildren over christmas (thank god it was not the full build:curse:).
    Well it's starting to look like the Sulaco now isn't it:mrgreen:.

Attached Files:

6. Just as a side note to all the designers out there. Could any of you design me a stand for this monster? PLEASE? As I cannot design my way out of a wet paper sack:cry: and I am sure someone could do one heck of a nice one:thumb:. Thanks in advance:wave:.

7. NSCXP2005

NSCXP2005 Member

skip, would you decide to use the texture knightstalker527 is using?
  8. Master-Bruce

No. Although I've bee speaking with Jerry via PM about it. I have no problem with him uploading his version for any of you to download.

It'd be silly for me to do it when it's been done already, so it makes sense to just offer Jerry's verson of the textured model.
  9. I will upload it as soon as somebody tells me how to.:thumb: Thanks for being kool about the retexture Skulp! Now where is that bright pink swatch:mrgreen:. New pics to come.

10. Here is an update. She has grown to 40+ inches now. I assembled the hardest part of the entire build, the dreaded center section. Take your time and glue this up solid as it supports the motor. I put the Olympic carrier in this set of pics to try to give a scale for comparison. Kind of ironic two of skulps models together again:mrgreen:.

For those of you who want the re textured version, I have sent it off to the admin. for approval. It will be a nolines version so keep the original to be able to figure where to score.

This model is NOT hard to assemble it just looks that way. So I am expecting photos of other builds now that yall have 2 versions to choose from. I am not really sure how the update kits will work as I still need to talk to skulp about them.

Thanks for looking and providing encouragement to continue this monster build.

Attached Files:

11. Master-Bruce

WOW! Having built the 3' Olympic Carrier, I can fully appreciate the size of that monster! What have I done?!!! LOL

Looks great Jerry. Suppose I should make an effort now to get back to work on the detail set eh? :)
  12. Yeh it's big. Take your time on the detail sets and send me the pages when you got them. :wave:
  13. Skulp: HELP!!!!!!!!:confused::confused::confused:

I have the photos from the shooting model and it looks like the arm things on the side of the ship mount differently from what we have. I am including a couple of pics to show what I mean. I am taking this to mean we mount sideways with the angle of part 24a to the inside of the ship. The part fits better that way. It looks good either way so please let me know.

Attached Files:

14. Master-Bruce

I see what you mean Jerry. The way it should be done is with the angles pointing downward as per the instructions. That's inward angle is one of the things I must have missed when designing the mesh. I'd have though that rotating the cannon to get the angle to point inward would screw up the tip of the cannon?

It's your call buddy as it's your build. A minor mistake on my part that, sorry guys.
  15. I think let's leave it the way it was designed. To much work to fix. Besides it is just a model. Thanks Skulp I was just freaking out a bit.

16. silentbrain

silentbrain New Member

WOW, 40", that is impressive! Looking great so far, looking forward to seeing it done!
  17. Hey thanks and so am I. It should be a little over 52" when it is done.
  18. How bout a pic?

Attached Files:

19. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

Fantastic. Congrats to you on your build and again, thanks to Skip for this model. Wow, I really have to get on this one!:mrgreen:
  20. Ok guy's the retextured version is in the downloads section! Go and get it.