3' Sulaco Beta Build

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by knightstalker527, Nov 28, 2007.

1. No rest for the Wicked!!!!!!:mrgreen:sign1
  2. Master-Bruce

Master-Bruce Active Member

I have done some more parts but it's not finished yet. I did consider knocking up some instructions and releasing the untextured version with panels.

I'm just having trouble in some areas where it looks "thrown together". See, I'm still learning how to texture well. With Christmas approaching too I'm not getting as much time to work on it. That and other projects I'm trying to finish up too.

I tell you what, if someone fancies texturing this themselves, I have no problem with that. Turn this into more of a collabertaive project?? If anyone's up for it, let me know and I'll get everything out to them.

Maybe they could get this done sooner than I could.
  3. Mousemuffins1

Mousemuffins1 Member

I'd prefer an untextured version, personally.
  4. Master-Bruce

Well then I'll work to at least get that done for you.
  5. Mousemuffins1

Mousemuffins1 Member

*does happy dance*
  6. jxn1138

jxn1138 Member

Wow, I am SO excited about building this. I have loved the Suloco since Aliens, definatly one of the most Iconic ships ever.
  7. Skip I wish I knew how to texture so I could help. But I will just have to wait for the text version to come out.:cry:

Oh well I have the untextured version sitting here built. Now on to the 27' galactica!!!!!!!sign1

8. OylPslyk

OylPslyk Aspiring Usurper

HOLY CRAP! am I reading that right? or is it a typo? cuz it looks like you just said 27FOOT !!!
  9. Master-Bruce

I'm sorry buddy. Some of it I'm happy with other areas I'm not so chuffed. Also, I went all out at the start to get the model and the textures done. I think I've come to the point where I'm a tad fed up of Sulaco.

That sounds bad, it's like watching the same thing over and over.

I'll come back to it but I doubt it'll be 'til after Christmas.

Yeah! Is that right?? 27'?!
  10. That's cool.:thumb: If you would let me I would take what you have and monkey with it. Since I am unemployed right now I seem to have some free time I could devote to it. As for the 27' Big G, It is a running joke on nothings thread for the cannons, I have to have something to display them on!!!!sign1

You have my E-mail so if you want send it on over.

11. Master-Bruce

Sure thing. I'll send all the blanks, and the textured work so far. I also created a colour swatch for it so you'll have the right colours too if you go with what I used.
  12. jaffro

jaffro Long term member

Maybe you could release it as an untextured kit, but include some example texturing and the colour swatch you mentioned so people had the choice to either build then paint, or to play around with textures then print and build... and the slightly more patient among us (yes, both of you) could wait for the finished version.... :D

That's just a suggestion... I'm not trying to say you should rush it out. You made such a great start on the thing it would be nice to see it released with full textures, especially after seeing what you did with the X-Jet. Personally, I think I'll have a crack at doing this one with the airbrush, but still base that on textured, printed parts.
  13. Master-Bruce

I'm thinking of just simplifying the whole thing. Regarding textures that is.

Just have the model all one colour, the dark blue/black. If I'm going to have all the extra panels as extra pieces then it doesn't need simulated panels as I've been doing does it. When those panels are glued into place, they'll catch the light and show up so textures (the way I've been doing them are not needed at all.

Then should someone like MF or yourself decide to take it to another level, you can airbrush that to weather it to your taste.

How about that?

Those like myself who suck with an airbrush (or just don't have one)can just have a clean but still detailed model.

Sounds much better to me. :) Oh, I'll still have the "Sulaco" name on it too.

Talk to me and tell me what you think.
  14. Sounds great to me!!!!!!!!:thumb: I am looking forward to it. I am no a great painter so a textured one is the only way I get a great model. It sounds like you have a very large following Skip. I say go for it! What format are you releasing it in? I would like to see it in .PDO format so I can manipulate the parts so I can make that 5 Footer. But I will take it however you give it to me.

Your friend
  15. Master-Bruce

I can get a PDO done probably tonight. Thing is with that is that you won't have the panels. They aren't modelled, they were getting done post unfold.

So, with the PDO you'd have a scaleable model but slim on detail. The PDF will have the panels but set to the 70cm length. You'd have to take the files toa printers and get them printed at 200% for a 5' model. Almost 5' anyway.
  16. NSCXP2005

NSCXP2005 Member

skip will you defiantly decide to release a textured version after xmas?

also is the 27' BSG available to download?
  17. Master-Bruce

This is what I'm doing. Right now, I'm colouring the Sulaco mesh to one base colour. This is them going through Pep for unfolding. Then after that I'll create the panels to build up the detail.

So,what you'll have is one large detailed model in one flat colour. Yet the different panels will pick up the light better than any texture. It makes it easier for me, plus in regards to weathering to look more real, the individual can do that with an airbrush, dry brushing or chalks and pastels.

Everyone will end up with a unique model that way.
  18. NSCXP2005

NSCXP2005 Member

excellent, keep up the great work.

Do you have a link for the 27' BSG
  19. Master-Bruce

Are you kidding??

The 27' Galactica is a little joke from Nothing's turret thread. It doesn't actually exist. Why,would you want a 27'(foot) long Galactica?
  20. NSCXP2005

NSCXP2005 Member

didn't know LOL LOL :rofl: sign1