3' Sulaco Beta Build

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by knightstalker527, Nov 28, 2007.

1. 54" Sulaco Build

Ok folks here is where I will post the beta build of the Sulaco model. I wil try to post pics regularly from the process. The model is well thought out (a credit to the designer:thumb:) and should be fun to build. I hope the other builders will help with this thread.
  2. Ok here are some pics after a few hours of work.

Attached Files:

3. doc_harvey

doc_harvey Member

WOW! WAY cool!
  4. Master-Bruce

Master-Bruce Active Member

Looks great so far buddy! :)

Looks like this testbuild isn't going to take you too long either judging by that.

Have there been any other problems after that one part?
  5. No problems since that one. It should not take me to long since I am unemployed at the moment. Also I like to be the first to take a crack at things. More pics soon.:wave:
  6. Master-Bruce

Join my club. LOL I'm not currently working either. That's why I've had so much time on my hands for new models.

Looking forward to more pics. :)
  7. jaffro

jaffro Long term member

OOOh yeah, can't wait to see how this turns out...

This model is currently sitting in 3rd spot in my build queue (interceptor, tumbler, sulaco) I'm looking forward to doing the full detail extra panels version, ubersized.

Looks like you're going to cruise through it... can't wait to see more, looking good so far.
  8. Master-Bruce

The Beta version is 70 cm long. This is the base to which all the panels will fix to. Though the release will be completely textured, so that each person can choose the level of detail they add.

They can either build it as is,or download the extra file for the panels to detail it. As with any model though there's always going to be one who'll want to add even more detail than I include. This ship design is a heaven model for uber detailers.

I'm still working on the textures BTW, I've not posted about them for a few days but they are getting done. Although fairly slowly at the moment.

Jaffro, you'll enjoy the Tumbler. I am. It's not half as tricky as I'd feared. It would be awesome with an interior though. Saying that, to have one would bump the difficulty rating right up I think.
  9. Ok here are some more pics. I am glad you filled in the details skip as I have forgot to. Sorry I am new at this. I left my building mat in the pics so that people can get an idea of size (red lines are in inches). BTW I am having a great time doing this!

Attached Files:

10. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

ooooo Can't wait to see this finished. :D

*rubs hands together*
  11. Hey how about an update????
    I have installed the rear motor frame and the top things (because I don't know what they are), And the front fuselage pieces. This is a dream to build now all I need is some color. Skip is there any chance there could be a high rez version??? (PLEASE?????):twisted:

Attached Files:

12. jaffro

jaffro Long term member

I can see from these pics that your train doesn't stop at procrastination station as often as mine :D

You're making great progress with this and it looks like those of us who can't wait to see more... won't be waiting too long.

Great job so far, looking like a nice, clean, straight build (a credit to both designer and builder).
  13. Thanks! But according to my wife (THE BOSS) my train never leaves the station.:mrgreen: I have to give BIG props to the designer on this one. I really am not building that fast it just goes together that well. The fit has been great so far he has put formers inside (even though it doesn't need them). the modular design allows for a straight build. And the small parts count really isn't that many. I do believe that I will probably make the release model about 2X the size or about 5' that should make for a great display over the mantle.
  14. Master-Bruce

:eek: Wow! I'm having trouble with words here. I know this is a beta, but seeing this go together is really something! :mrgreen:

When I designed it, that cylinder(the joiner between the engine cylinder and the forward hull) gave me concern. I wasn't sure if everything would slot into place Ok. Glad to see it does. :)

You are making a very clean build of this, it's really nice to see. All the part sheets will be high res, so a 5' version shouldn't be a problem. Seriously? A 5' build? :thumb: Outstanding! I look forward to seeing that.

The wife's home from work for 2 days so work on the textures will slow right down until Saturday. She is the BOSS of me too. ;)

Keep it up buddy, this is great.:thumb:
  15. Millenniumfalsehood

Millenniumfalsehood Active Member

Wow! Seeing this makes me want to build one! Can you send me a copy, Skup? I want to give it a shot!

Maybe I'll paint it with my airbrush when I'm done. :)
  16. Master-Bruce

There you go buddy. Free file hosting by Savefile.com Just add any notes or pic here. Also, if anyone uses it to do they're own version, could you keep it for personal use? I've been wanting to get this project done for a long time now so I'd like to see this through. ;) Credit for the design goes to me of course. :)

Anyone can feel free to build this version if you like although it is blank. Also, the extra panels are not in the beta version. They'll be added after texturing. Also, the PDO needs some work. MINOR stuff, the internal support parts aren't arranged onto pages so you'll just need to do that. Also, there are three triangle type parts for the engines. There should be 6 but I got lazy when unfolding, I just copied and pasted those when texturing. There's another area where I did the same thing I'll get a screen grab and post it later to illustrate.

MF,airbrushing sounds like a cool alternative. I saw you're Eclipse Star Destroyer. ;)
  17. OylPslyk

OylPslyk Aspiring Usurper

Holy crap! i turn around to sneeze and this sucker's not just done designing but halfway built!!!!!

Skip, whatever the heck your on - I WANT SOME!!!!sign1

lookin great so far!
  18. Here's another update: I have built the little pieces for the sponsons and put the front lower plates on and the front antenna mount onto the model. I am shooting for the intakes tonight. A guy has to sleep sometime:mrgreen:.
    Thanks everyone for the kind words and I am so glad you let me do this Skip.
    WOW five stars Thank yo to who ever left that rating!

Attached Files:

19. Master-Bruce

This looks great, no need for thanks K, We're even. ;)

Seeing that front end come together is a delite! The front is what makes the Sulaco. Can't wait to see the antenna array go on.

One question though, Intakes?

Thanks Oyl. I wish I knew what it was. I'd take more! LOL

ARMORMAN Guest