3 images

Hi all,

Sometimes I’ll take a shot and find the results not exactly to my liking. Then I go back later, look, and say, “Those pictures aren’t so bad”. Here are three of those that looked better the second time;

aql.sized.jpg

apq.sized.jpg

apa.sized.jpg

I would like for you to explain to me, in explicit detail, WHY you didn't like them the first time. You've got 30 minutes or less, but it could be more for you to remotely convince me there is something wrong.

If I could do that good I'd brag about it the first time, and BIG timeannounce1

Lynn

Russ Bellinis

They look good to me, Kyle. There is a lot of nice detail in those scenes. I like the standing water in the second pic, but I hope it isn't a breeding ground for mosquitos!

Russ, Engineerkyle put that water down on purpose just to flaunt it over us. They don't have skeeters in Michigan this time of year. That's why he waited till now to show those pics.

Personally, I hope a skeeter bites him. Heehee

Lynn

hooknlad

Kyle - i'm sure what you are trying to get at, is that the pictures dont do your layout justice. According to my eyes , if you think these pics are bad, time for glasses kyle... Everything looks good from here..
Keep up the great work !!!! :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

hooknlad said:
Kyle - i'm sure what you are trying to get at, is that the pictures dont do your layout justice....

No Hook,

No alterior motive in posting these.... I like to share images of my trains, and enjoy feedback, of course.... rather than take new pics I had these old ones laying around that I decided were post-worthy after all.

Thanks again for the kind words everyone... Happy New Year!

Jeffs_Railroad

oldtanker said:
Pics look great to me........maybe I should get my eyes checkedsign1

Rick

Same here. Where you have the man standing, remove him and I would have thought it was taken from a hilltop overlooking a real railroad. But what do I know, I am a newbie.

Jeff

Thanks again for your kind comments and interest... it keeps me going!

Funny thing, I thought the "standing water" shot was the worst of the three. You never know.

EK

Russ Bellinis

EngineerKyle said:
Thanks again for your kind comments and interest... it keeps me going!

Funny thing, I thought the "standing water" shot was the worst of the three. You never know.

EK

Actually what constitutes a "good" shot depends on what you are trying to show. The second shot is probably the best pic of the three. It would be the one most likely to be chosen for publication by a magazine. The other two shots are "too busy" to be really good pictures the way magazines define "good." On the other hand all three shots illustrate the high level of fine detail you have put into your model railroad. To me that detail is more important than producing a great photograph.

berraf

Imagine the track finished with ballast :)
And then go down on your knee and take a new picture from the right point of view :)
I really would like to use such a picture as a very good example of what is possible to do with small resources :)
Then I will ask your permission to use it on my website...please?

Dear Berra

Nice to know someone from Sweden, my first true friend, Cecilia was from Sweden.... You can click on my website below and use any of the pictures you find in it. "Limited resources" is my middle name.

berraf

EngineerKyle said:
Dear Berra

Nice to know someone from Sweden, my first true friend, Cecilia was from Sweden.... You can click on my website below and use any of the pictures you find in it. "Limited resources" is my middle name.
Thanks for the offer EngineerKyle :thumb:
Truly generous of you. I´ll get back to you when I updated my website with some of your pictures.
I have looked around your website and found an impressive gallery with lots of really beautiful pictures.

Herc Driver

All three are really good pictures! Whadda thinkin'??? Plus - I know you've scratchbuilt items in those pictures if memory serves me correctly. Each photo has a different "feel" to it - but all three are nice pic's. But it's no fair using real water in the second pic!:thumb:

ejen34

In terms of detail I think the second photo is simply outstanding. Minute detail, painstakingly precise:thumb: not to say the other two are not excellent, just that as a modeller I am drawn to number 2. Thank You!!