3 Hours work on my Traction L/O on Sunday

Lighthorseman

Jul 24, 2002
Out in the sticks
Visit site
...Time WELL Spent, I'd Say!

Chris, a post from you always means that we're in for a treat. This thread is no exception, as usual. That is some beautiful work. I especially liked the second-last picture. It's like walking along the tracks...without getting into trouble!:)

Also, what an ingenious little overhead-measuring tool.

RailRon

Nov 23, 2002
Trimbach, Switzerland
Chris, your layout is growing nicely. I like its atmosphere - great how you captured this!

The photo Steve mentioned is also my favorite. I love that grass between the rails. You almost hear the grasshoppers chirp in the hot, lazy afternoon... :cool:

In this yard there are no poles. Are they coming later or do you switch your yard by a non-electric loco?

Ron

interurban

Aug 21, 2002
Pickering. Ontario. Canada.
Visit site
Thankyou so much

For your encouraging comments:)

We all try so hard to "get The right feel" when we start to redo a section, Thanks again.

The yard will be overhead Ron, I was going to have a Diesael switching yard but decided against it,, Overhead,,,, I just got to have it:D
I did the street first so I would`nt damage the front overhead;)
Its going to look great when you look under the overhead in that yard I can`nt wait.

Hi Steve that "tool" is great for Pantagraph overhead, if trolley poles were to be used I would have do it differently at the pulloffs.(Switches)