3' galactica (new séries) project

Danscrew

Danscrew
Oct 10, 2011
Rouyn-Noranda, Québec
I everyone,

Thanks a lot for your appréciation and your comments for my project.

I'm started the centre of the ship. Man this part is very hard !!!! If you follow the instruction letter to lettre, you will be in trouble. In fact, there is no markup to locate the internal former and that's a big and I meen a BIG problem. Plus, you don't have much margin of error. All the parts dont have "tabs" to fix them together...... Nevertheless, this model is superb !

For all that, I've made it twice !!! I've finaly finish it (with some adjustments) but I will post pictures soon as I finish to put the warns and the armor plate. It will take some time cause I'm in renovation right now (remake my second bathroom).

One thing......................the lightning is very cool !

Have a nice life
"So say we all"

Danscrew

Danscrew
Oct 10, 2011
Rouyn-Noranda, Québec
Yes my friend. The LED are already in place. And for the centre section i put red LED in the sections where the landing bays are in retract position. I will ad blue bright LED for the engins to. I tink it will be great when finish.

Have a nice life
"So say we all"

Millenniumfalsehood

Mar 17, 2007
Ark City, Kansas
Actually, white LEDs with a light blue filter would probably look better. Blue LEDs are very saturated, almost a royal blue. Of course, if that's what you're going for then more power to you. :thumb:

Z

Zathros

Yeah, well, some of us say, "That's a frakkin nice model, it will always be a frakkin nice model, and there isn't a frakkin thing anyone can do about it!! :)

vbsargent

Apr 16, 2008
MD, USA
I remember the original series, and watched it with near religious fervor. But I gotta say . . . the new Galactica design is friggin awesome and Danscrew, you are doing int some mighty fine justice. Magnifique!

Z

Zathros

I think we liked the first one, because there was absolutely NOTHING else on at that time, and the premise was good. So we used our imaginations to fill in the rest. Thank goodness that some of us who grew up, had the wherewithal to make it into an excellent series. :)

Danscrew

Danscrew
Oct 10, 2011
Rouyn-Noranda, Québec
I everyone,

I have some update for you.

I mostly finish the center of the ship. Due to the adjustments that I have to do and the finishing toutch that I want to make, I decide to finish the rear end of the centre with the engine parts.

I'm so exited to see what it will look like that I glued the parts of the front. So for the interesser.....................look below...........:wave:

Have a nice life
So say we all

Attachments

• DSCF1576.JPG
    DSCF1576.JPG
    152.3 KB · Views: 134
  • DSCF1577.JPG
    DSCF1577.JPG
    171.7 KB · Views: 141
  • DSCF1575.JPG
    DSCF1575.JPG
    149.6 KB · Views: 137

Danscrew

Danscrew
Oct 10, 2011
Rouyn-Noranda, Québec
So I everyone,

I have some update for you.

I'm nearly finish the rear of this baby. I mounth the PRL and the upper main engine and had the yarn. I have to make some adjustments and finishing touch to complet this part of this section. After that, the bottom engines, the front antenna's and the turrets.........but....before that..........one week vacation to Cuba..............Yes !

So for all my friends have a good week !

Have a nice life
"So say we all"

Attachments

• IMG_0610.jpg
    IMG_0610.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_0611.jpg
    IMG_0611.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_0612.jpg
    IMG_0612.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 15
Z

Zathros

Can I got for a ride when you done!! Outstanding! I cook Cuban food, so I know you are in for a treat! :)

Danscrew

Danscrew
Oct 10, 2011
Rouyn-Noranda, Québec
I Folk's

Some update

I finish the finishing touch of the upper main engines. I fixed the landing bays to the retract arms and see bellow how it look like.

The final lap, the main bottom engine, the tourrets and antenna's.

I'm so exited to finish it and show you with the LED lights on :mrgreen:

Attachments

• IMG_0838.jpg
    IMG_0838.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_0839.jpg
    IMG_0839.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 16
Z

Zathros

Wow, she's frakkin awesome!! I can't wait to see this all lite up either!:thumb:

dnalor

Oct 28, 2011
Belgium Europe
She's looks GREAT...
I never liked the new Galactica series...(the old is WAY better...my opinion)
But this ship is super....i like the ribs and the parts of the hull, it looks more powerfull.

I followed the build....and i can't wait the lightup of the complete ship.

2 thumbs up!