3 Foot BSG Build Progress

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by H1rg0n, Feb 13, 2009.

1. jcholmstedt

jcholmstedt New Member

OK, I printed out all the LBL patterns again and tried to figure out what went wrong. I now think that perhaps the three LBL patterns are not supposed to be lined up traditionally. Instead the textures, ie the viper launch tubes, are to be lined up and then LBL-L and LBL-R can be formed. I included pictures to help clarify. The first image is the way I lined up the patterns which indicates the misaligned textures. The second image is how the textures line up and the possible correct assembly of LBL-R and LBL-L.
    I apologize if this is a misread on my part with regards to the directions.
    ps Thank you for taking the time to answer these posts about your wonderful model

Attached Files:

2. sjsquirrel

sjsquirrel Member

EGADS! You're absolutely correct. The parts weren't split on the same seam. I missed that in the unfolding. So many details...

Should I post corrected pages do you think? I'm thinking about redoing the entire model once I collect all the corrections for all the sections. This build of yours will be a tremendous help in that regard. Another member also contacted me about using the PDO files to scale this baby up even larger, so I'll be updating all the files to PDO 3 anyway and the more problems we catch the better for everyone.

3. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

you could post corrected pages for now for those building now. a fully corrected model release would be benificial to those who havnt started or downloaded yet. with extra pages floating around it would be easy to miss or lose down the road. if you understand what im trying to say. its a huge and beautifull model so dont get upset about all the little corrections!:)
  4. jcholmstedt

jcholmstedt New Member

I agree that a post with corrected pages would be very helpful for myself and others doing the ship right now. As for redoing all the patterns, I am not sure if that would be necessary as there have only been a few minor corrections so far. In response to making it even larger, I can't imagine it being bigger. In my opinion, that doesn't seem necessary.
    If you could post the corrections asap, that would be great. I will keep you updated if there are any other issues and will post images of my completed ship when I am done. Thank you for your responses and for taking the time to make/ correct this model.
  5. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

i was thinking of those who will build in the future who may not be aware or forget to get the extra pages. having it all in one for those would avoid later confuson that might deter someone from finishing the build.
  6. jcholmstedt

jcholmstedt New Member

I apologize for the confusion, I was replying to both you and sjsquirrel in my post. In the long term, I do agree with your post of having 1 download with all patches and corrections together in 1 place. My response was for right now, so that myself and others doing right now can finish it. Sorry for the confusion.
  7. Thales

Thales New Member

Well, I finally finished. My skills were not up to the task in areas, but that doesn't surprise me. Be kind, as this was only the 2nd paper model I've ever built.

Attached Files:

8. Galactica

Nice build my friend, keep going:thumb::thumb::thumb:.
  9. sjsquirrel

sjsquirrel Member

Looks good to me

She looks good from here. I notice you didn't post close-up though sign1.
    It wouldn't surprise me if I have to build it a couple times to get it right, so for only your second paper model I'd say you've done very well.

And thank you for the corrections. I'd never get upset about making a good model even better.

I'll get the new Landing Bay sheets done soon.

10. sjsquirrel

sjsquirrel Member

Latest update uploaded

I have uploaded the revised page for the 3 foot Galactica to correct the landing bay alignment issue. It's called "Battlestar Galactica 3ft Patch 3". It will be available as soon as the moderator approves the upload.

11. cdwheatley

cdwheatley Member

Nice work Thales, it looks great! :)
  12. THE DC

THE DC Member

Nice job!

Well done for any level of experience!

Better watch your model carefully...who knows what Adama will do, come Friday!

The DC
  13. davitch

davitch Member

Looks good to me! I have attempted and failed a couple of models myself. I have OS Battlestar abdout two thirds done, so I applaud your efforts in putting your work up here!
  14. Hot4Darmat

Hot4Darmat Member

Very nice looking build, there Thales. If I had kept MY second paper model, it would be a serious embarrassment! So, well done.

sjsquirrel. Thanks so much for all the work you put into this. Its already printed and on the short list of "to build" biggies. Very much appreciated.
  15. Mousemuffins1

Mousemuffins1 Member

hmm. downloaded, but where do all of the wee turret guns go? there seems to be rather alot of them....
  16. davitch

davitch Member

I would love to make a larger version of just one of the turret guns, I think they are one of the cooler turret systems amongst all of the Sci-Fi stuff I have seen.
  17. luciencarroll

luciencarroll Grand Poobah

if i remember correctly some one made a turret and put it in the downloads
    i think i have it somewhere in backups have to check if its signed and ask if i can pass it(assuming i have it) it was really good i think it was posted somewhere in the 6000 pages of Think Jays Galactica is lonely, need some help
  18. jcholmstedt

jcholmstedt New Member

"hmm. downloaded, but where do all of the wee turret guns go? there seems to be rathe

I am currently finishing up this model and have been using: http://www.modelermagic.com/?p=598
    Its an excellent reference site for this Galactica and shows you where all the many cannons go.
    Hope this helps.
  19. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

the one in the downloads section is from coxxin. it is inaccurate. i have the mesh for an accurate one let me see if i can pull it out.
  20. sjsquirrel

sjsquirrel Member

Turret Guns

OOPS! I guess we forgot about that little detail.
    The attached image will help.

Attached Files: