2nd Loco.......my heart skiped a beat

TN_Trainman

As you guys know I have been buying locos and rolling stock, well last week I ran across a lady whos uncle left her his entire train collection. She sent me an email and I purchased several cars and a Mantua 2-6-6-2t sight unseen ....well it and the cars arrived today and what can I say but WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am soooooooo happy...the engine has never been ran or if it has it was very very little no wear on the drivers....I am just tickled pink......she has 3 more shays I am going to purchase if all goes well.

So here she is the future Engine #2 of the KING LUMBER COMPANY

Attachments

• #2.jpg
    #2.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 176

TN_Trainman

Thanks MW, yep if my wife just dont suspend the funds.:thumb: I will be ok to go...if I get the rest I will REALLY jump for joy!! She has over 50 engines and quite a few rolling stock as well.

Old_Bob

Is it possible for you to get photos or at least a good list of what all she has for sale? You could do her and us a favor by listing it on the for sale forum.

TN_Trainman

I will do my best but I will admit I am a little greedy, because for example she sold me the 2-6-6-2t for $40.00 and six of the bachmann silver series log cars for $10.00 each.

I know about the not being greedy thing,:eek:ops: so if she will let me speak for what I want and hold it for me I will hook yall up...:thumb: with a list of the rest.

Fair enough?

George (the greedy I guess):rolleyes:

nkp174

Nice. I received the same engine for christmas around 5th or 6th grade...right after they switched their mallets from saddle to side tank. You received a nice $60 discount from what they used to be.

She'll pull like a champ! I'd pull 6 non-free rolling old rivarossi cars up a 7% grade on continous 22" curves. Just be careful if you take her apart, their plastic can be very brittle...I learned this when I disassembled to paint mine black.