2ND Gauge Layout party

N Gauger

1:20.3 Train Addict
And here'e the complete finished Bridge.. It's 4' Diameter & 8' End to end :) :D I started it on Dec 23rd 2003 & finished today 4-10-04

I'd again like to thank those that helped me :) :) spitfire, absnut, shamus, jim, kettlestack, alex, 88 fan, Mac, brakie & jon monon, both in spirits & the ideas you gave me :D :D :D :D

This was the first "long term" major construction I ever tried designing & building alone. :) and... No... If it weren't for The-Gauge, I would have never tried it or I would have given up 1/2 way through.

Attachments

• 41004g2.jpg
    41004g2.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 110

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
Thanks for the info and links Catt.
Mikey, who has to keep the barrels full? Risky job with that little platform way up there. Very nice modelling friend

N Gauger

1:20.3 Train Addict
Originally posted by Matthyro
Mikey, who has to keep the barrels full? Risky job with that little platform way up there. Very nice modelling friend

That's the LPB's problem, not mine... LOL Darn!! Now that you have me thinking about it - I bet they will want more pay for going way up there :( :( Well, I guess I could pay Double time.. lessee... 2 times nuttun' is still Nothing!! :D :D

Thanks!!!! :D :D :D :D

Skunk Valley

Project status: Foamrail module is constructed. Track is laid, Electrical stuff is done. Scenery has just started: a little bit of grass is planted and some work toward a small rocky hill completed.

This week I'll keep planting grass and maybe work on the backdrop / view dividers a bit.

Attachments

• n module.jpg
    n module.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 91

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Nice going everyone. Folks look like things are progress. Hopefully I will have some time the next few days to work on my project.

F

Fred_M

Nice work guys. I got a roof on and installed some interior machinery and made a mixing tank and elevator for the roof. Going to add some details next like pipes and a mixer motor. Happy Easter all. FRED

Attachments

• shed2.jpg
    shed2.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 78

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
This thread shows lots of action. Good work Jack and Fred. Nice to see what you guys are up to.

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Well I finaly made some progress. I added glazing and shades to the windows of the cupola and dormers and built them. I attached the cupola and the dormers to the roof. I also attached the vent to the roof and painted its roof. I painted the chimney and the chimney top and attached them to the roof. I also weathered the cupola, dormers, vent, and roof. I still need to weather the chimney and give the whole station some more weathering.

So here are the progress photos.

anf.jpg

ang.jpg

anh.jpg

ani.jpg

Now is the time to also start the diorama base.

jon-monon

1 Goal Completed: Shamus Forest

I am considering the scenery "done". As layouts og, they are never really done, but you reach a point where you can call it that. It's close enough to what I want. Of course, I could always add a little here or there, but I consider it a completed project:

abx.jpg

Macro shots are in the photo sction:

Shamus Forest

F

Fred_M

The scenery looks great jon, only I don't think that upper bridge will pass a DOT inspection:D :D :D . The rest looks simply marvelous. :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: and a check plus. FRED

jon-monon

Thanks, guys:wave:

Dang, those LPB's skip out on logging and steal the posts fromt he span bridge and turn 'em in. Have to have them redo it now :D