2ND Gauge Layout party

Freelancer

Oct 24, 2002
Utah
www.yardlimit.com
I am down for another party, I think it is a good idea to run from 6/01/04 till 7/15/04 also. Just because I am anxious and I don't have to clean up from the last party like you guys. I suppose I could wait though, whatever works best for everyone else.

Freelancer

N Gauger

1:20.3 Train Addict
Dec 20, 2000
South Eastern, PA
mywebpages.comcast.net
Freelancer said:
I am down for another party, I think it is a good idea to run from 6/01/04 till 7/15/04 also. Just because I am anxious and I don't have to clean up from the last party like you guys. I suppose I could wait though, whatever works best for everyone else.

Freelancer
:D :D freelancer - that was a joke :) if your layout or work area is clean - you aren't doing it right :D :D That's a joke too :) :)

Anyway.... we should take a break between partys for no other reason, than to decide what projects we want to do in the next 6 weeks. :) Remember - the only reason this went 2 months was the upgrade on The Gauge. :D :D :D

Freelancer

Oct 24, 2002
Utah
www.yardlimit.com
Ok thanks for clarifying that, now I feel like a horses petute :eek:ops: I must not be doing it right because my layout area is spotless. Ok, maybe it is because it is completely empty, but I hope to fix that starting next week. :D Anywho, I am ready to go whenever you guys are.

I am not slow, I am just not quite as fast as everybody else. :rolleyes:

Freelancer

N Gauger

Dec 20, 2000
South Eastern, PA
mywebpages.comcast.net
Freelancer said:
Ok thanks for clarifying that, now I feel like a horses petute :eek:ops: I must not be doing it right because my layout area is spotless. Ok, maybe it is because it is completely empty, but I hope to fix that starting next week. :D Anywho, I am ready to go whenever you guys are.

I am not slow, I am just not quite as fast as everybody else. :rolleyes:

Freelancer

That's why! :) You didn't get started yet!! :) You'll do fine!!! Once you have to look for a tool - you'll realize you're one of us. LOL I've looked for a tool (any tool) for 5 minutes - only to find it on the floor - or in the workroom -- somewhere I would never think to look. ROFL :D :D

F

Fred_M

I looked for a screwdriver today for 20 min. I desperation I finally looked in the tool drawer where it belonged. How the h-e double toothpicks did it get put where it belongs? Must be them helper elves. By the time I found it I had lost interest in what I needed it forto begin with, so I went to the fridge and screwed the cap off a bud. Goodnite all. FRED

N Gauger

Dec 20, 2000
South Eastern, PA
mywebpages.comcast.net
dash10 said:
I looked for a screwdriver today for 20 min. I desperation I finally looked in the tool drawer where it belonged. How the h-e double toothpicks did it get put where it belongs? Must be them helper elves. By the time I found it I had lost interest in what I needed it forto begin with, so I went to the fridge and screwed the cap off a bud. Goodnite all. FRED

ROFL - and you didn't need the screwdriver to get the cap off either!!!!!!! :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

C

Catt

Couple pics just to show you I haven't been totally slackin for the last two months

ttrak1.jpg

This is one of my conversion modules to go from my groups standards (on the right) to TTRAK official standards (the left)

This is the quad module from the left end.The boxcar is setting on the conversion module.

ttrak7.jpg

There would be a lot more scenery visable except I ran out of whiteglue.I was sure I had another bottle but it must have grown legs and walked off.

Not shown is my TTRAK inside corner or my 0n30 diorama.I will most likely post the diorama in the new narrow gauge forum :D .

F

Fred_M

Last day, well some of us got quite a bit done, and some of us didn't. No fingerpointing though. :D This three day weekend I was planning on getting a lot done. Friday i finished glueing up a wood fence for the junk yard. I was going to paint a sign on it and make some gates, BUT NO! The wife made me start the bathroom redo. I had to tear out a fibergalss 1 piece tub, cut it up with a sabre saw, redo the plumbing and drain, fill the old holes in the floor, tear out the tub wall, put new bath panels on the walls, new linoleum, and assemble a walkin shower. Our only bathroom, so I had to get it done. Well, it's 4 pm Monday and the shower is up and working. The walls are done as is the floor. Now in the next week or two I can put in a new ceiling, trim, and polish it off. What a pain. :( FRED

fence.jpg

shower.jpg

N Gauger

Dec 20, 2000
South Eastern, PA
mywebpages.comcast.net
:wave: :wave: :wave:

Well I did it!!!!! I actually finished everything I set out to do!!!!!

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

The Missile Site!!!! -- Done!!!!!!

The Bridge from He!! :) -- Done!!!!

The coaling station????????? D :) O :D N :) E!!!!!!!!!!!

Attachments

• 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 35
  • 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 34

N Gauger

Dec 20, 2000
South Eastern, PA
mywebpages.comcast.net
Anymore Updates on the party!!???!!??!! I'll leave this thread a sticky until 6-6-04 then unstick it! :) :)

I'd like to thank everyone's patience & fortitude in this party & the "Gauge Upgrade" It was a long 2 months - But with all these great pics & Great work, I'm very satisified.

Nothing like accomplishing something :) And nothing like watching other people accomplish things on their layouts!! :D :D :D There's no such thing as "A bad picture of a layout in progress" :)

I'll post the poll on the next party in the middle of June :) Start picking your favorite 6 week period & we'll Go at it again!!!! :D

Start Date???
July 1st??
July 15th??
August 1st
August 15th

F

Fred_M

Man Mikey, I feel for that LPb. Manual labor loading coal with a scoop shovel. There use to be this old timer in Monett that said he could unload a 40 foot gon a day that way 6 day a week. That coal looks so real. It kind of looks like Special K painted with charcoal black paint. :D I'm hungry, better go eat, that charcoal looks good. What is it, I guess it's charcoal cannester carbon? BTW, I got some UV Leds and they are cool. FRED

N Gauger

Dec 20, 2000
South Eastern, PA
mywebpages.comcast.net
dash10 said:
Man Mikey, I feel for that LPb. Manual labor loading coal with a scoop shovel. There use to be this old timer in Monett that said he could unload a 40 foot gon a day that way 6 day a week. That coal looks so real. It kind of looks like Special K painted with charcoal black paint. :D I'm hungry, better go eat, that charcoal looks good. What is it, I guess it's charcoal cannester carbon? BTW, I got some UV Leds and they are cool. FRED

Thanks!! Yeah - someday the MF&W RR will be able to afford a real coaling station :) It's Black Aquarium Gravel :) :)

What are you going to use the UV leds for - Track detection???

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Oct 15, 2002
Drexel Hill, PA
www.trainweb.org
Fred great job on the fence. :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: What do charge for doing bathrooms? A couple of locomotives maybe? :D :wave:

Mikey, the bridge turned out great! :D :D At least you got done what you set to do. I got waylaid by the nice weather this weekend. I wound up building a gate for a trash can enclosure, painting concrete statues, lawn furniture, and some of a fence. I also replaced a bad outlet in the bathroom and did some gardening. Even today with the rain I had too many little things to do. :curse: :( :cry:

Here are my final photos for the party. The gray mass is the area where I used WS Mold A Scene to raise up the ground where the station goes after I discovered that the station sat too low. As you can see I did not get to paint it. Also I need to extend it some in the back to continue the contouring for the station access road. I did not get as far as I had hoped. I hoped to at least get the station planted and the green ground foam done. Overall I enjoyed the party and can’t wait for the next.

api.jpg

apj.jpg

apk.jpg

F

Fred_M

N Gauger said:
What are you going to use the UV leds for - Track detection???
Nope, they work like a black light. They appear to be as brite as white LEDs but it's hard to tell because they are pale purple to the naked (er unaided) eye. I was thinking that I could paint a sign on a building in blacklite paint and embedd say 10 of these LEDs across the "street" to shine on it and maybe look like a neon sign (ala John Allen). I seem to also remember that some fishing lines light up under UV, stren I think it was. So maybe some 100 lb test would look like tubes? I'm just brainstorming at this time. Any input? FRED :wave: