2816 a full head of steam!!!!!

cobra

Dec 11, 2003
belle river , Ontario
Visit site
Probably a bad guess , but would that be yer Fraser River in the second pic ? I can't believe how much country you can see in that second picture ....as a city guy , I can only dream of something like that . So serene . I've only been to the west coast and back a couple of times and it's been far too many years since the last visit . ( as in 40 ) My wife is from beautiful downtown Medicine Hat ( not that there's anything wrong with that ...Seinfeld ) and even SHE didn't go west . Go figure . Musta been my eastern good looks ......yeah sure .

Neil

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
Dec 28, 2000
Georgetown, Ontario,Canada
I spent many fantastic hiking holidays in the Banff and Jasper areas. The river in the second shot looks very much like the Bow river. It's been two years since I was last there. Thank John for these photos Chris

Pooh Bah
Mar 25, 2002
Brampton, Ontario, Canada
Visit site
Morant's curve

Cobra:
Morant's curve is located just outside Lake Louise. It's on the old highway (1A) and that is the Bow river.
It's named because Nicolas Morant, CPR's official photographer, took so many beautiful shots there. The classic picture of the rear of The Canadian was there. I think that CP named the spot officially.

cobra

Dec 11, 2003
belle river , Ontario
Visit site
It's all coming back now...Lake Louise ..I do vaguely remember the Bow River because I took the slides of it ....Banff Springs Hotel , Kicking Horse Pass .....lets see the parents were driving a '64 Impala so you know how far back that trip was . I digress ..those are all great shots and once again thanks for the memories .

Neil