27 turn motor to 11 turn motor.

Discussion in 'RC General & Getting Started' started by shughes43, Aug 17, 2005.

1. shughes43

shughes43 Member

Does any one know how to modify motors I tried to turn my 27 into a 11 but win I put it all back together it would not work any more.
    Would any one have any ideals?
  2. dj6666969

dj6666969 Active Member

when the motor is wound with how ever many turns of wire it is balanced so it will turn smoothly. I would not try and mess with the wire on it instead if it is a ajustable endbell turn the degrees up alitte.
  3. RC King

RC King Member

How did you try to turn a 27turn into an 11turn?thats funny.i dont think you have any idea how to wind an Armature.

the most logical way for you to turn the stock motor can and enbell into a modified motor would be to replace the entire armature with an 11 turn armature.and make sure when you put the enbell back on you are within the timing degree marks other wise the motor will just lock up when you aply voltage to it.keep it at the 0 degree mark.
  4. RC King

RC King Member

How did you try to turn a 27turn into an 11turn?thats funny.i dont think you have any idea how to wind an Armature.

the most logical way for you to turn the stock motor can and enbell into a modified motor would be to replace the entire armature with an 11 turn armature.and make sure when you put the enbell back on you are within the timing degree marks other wise the motor will just lock up when you aply voltage to it.keep it at the 0 degree mark.
  5. dj6666969

dj6666969 Active Member

Your best bet would to just buy a new motor and be done with it. You can get a good Trinity 1 for about 45 bucks. For the timeing advance up to and around 15 degree's is the safe point.
  6. RC King

RC King Member

you can buy an even cheaper one for less than $20. like an Orion Havock 13turn.cheap motor but it would be wayyyyy faster than the stock motor and the timing is set.

but if you want to have the look of a stock motor to fool people you can change the armature like i said.
  7. dj6666969

dj6666969 Active Member

But if it is a stock motor why change it if your still useing crappy magnets then?
  8. RC King

RC King Member

i wouldnt change it.his question is..

``Does any one know how to modify motors I tried to turn my 27 into an 11 but when I put it all back together it would not work any more.
    Would any one have any ideas?``

edited just to correct his spelling
  9. redheat

redheat Member

Try running a mod at 24 degrees in a stock can , RED
  10. RC King

RC King Member

why would you want him to try that?i know you never did.
  11. RC King

RC King Member

dont listen to these idiots.just buy a cheap mod motor to make it faster.its really not worth the time to try that.
  12. redheat

redheat Member

Well if you Knew anything RC King running a mod. at 24 deg. would burn it up,in other words stock motors are set at a fixed 24 deg. which would be to much for a mod. arm. Mods are generally set at 0-15 deg. get a clue, To put it in simpler terms so that you understand, RED
  13. RC King

RC King Member

please you flaker.i ran mods a close to the max wich is 30 degrees.please you can talk shiit as if you know shti but you dont.and thats ok.have fun talking smack
  14. redheat

redheat Member

Your stupid , RED
  15. dj6666969

dj6666969 Active Member

Hmm lets see *which* *#@$% * not *shiit* and 5 words later *shti* correct is *#@$% * Don't come on here and quote us on our spelling dude, this is the net and even you who might think you are smarter then others spells things wrong also.
  16. just buy a new motor, probably cheaper and faster
  17. mrniceguy

mrniceguy New Member

im with danny
  18. redheat

redheat Member

Danny that would really be the way to go, New motor and a couple sets of brushes , RED
  19. RC King

RC King Member

i have a Trinity D4 8x1 and it is factory set at 30 so if anyone needs to get a clue about rc it is you.
  20. i would suggest buying a manufactured modified motor.one that comes with bearings not bushings for the shaft to spin on.a machine wound would be fine and less expensive than a hand wound.go with a 12 or a 13 turn single or double.if you go with a 9 turn..yea it might be alittle faster but only for a much smaller amount of time then you cells will die so soon.not worth it.