200gsm+ matte photo card in UK - any recommends?

Discussion in 'Tools of the Trade' started by BazookaJo, Nov 26, 2006.

1. BazookaJo

BazookaJo Member

Usually get my stuff from ebay, but never manage to get the same type twice, and some stuff has a thinn layer that easily peels from the card:mad:

Anyone know of any good stock that they can personally recommend?

Thanks in advance

2. Kaz

Kaz Member

Our local Cartridge World (franchised all over, yellow and blue insignia) sells 50 sheets of 210gms matt finish super sharp photo paper for about £5.99 (if I remember correctly) the printed surface is on both sides so that doesn't cause any problem.
    Its just that the card was too thick for my liking, and the glue took a while to bind, but not too long
  3. BazookaJo

BazookaJo Member

Cheers Kaz - I'll def check it out.
  4. smyfe

smyfe Member

5. BazookaJo

BazookaJo Member

Cheers mate - looks like good stuff.

I'll def check it out.

Regards & thanks

6. Fisher

Fisher New Member

Hi mate,
    Try Partners, they have a branch in all most every town/city in the UK, 80g upto 260g the lot!!; prices are about 5.50 or so for 50 sheets and they do quantity pkt`s upto 100 and more, matt gloss semi, and colours, tho` colour do come a little more, o yes, and 2mm thick board 600x800 at under 3.00.....................Regards........Tom..
  7. BazookaJo

BazookaJo Member

Again - cheers mate.

Never heard of Partners but I'll check it out at some point.

Managed to find some decent stuff on ebay - ICE proffesional inkjet paper @ 220gsm - sticks a whole lot better than my last batch :)

8. Jackrum

Jackrum Member

I'll second the partners recommendation, I use their A4 bright white thin card 160 gsm to 200, 50 sheets of the 160 stuff is 5.99. Nice stuff to work with and it prints very well.
  9. paulhbell

paulhbell Guest

I use WHS. £1.99 for 12 sheets of 240gsm card. It's to thick for my epson r200, but it's ok for gluing paper too for extra strength.