2001 ASO USSC Discovery One

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by DanBKing, May 15, 2012.

1. DanBKing

DanBKing Active Member

And speaking of stalling .........

I have just returned from the electronics shop..........

They are on vacation and the shop is closed until 14 September ............ :headbange:

Oh well, everybody has got to have a holiday at some point, I guess!

But, it just sets my plans back another week or so ........ But, yeah, $4|t happens ......
    Cforrest900 likes this.
  2. DanBKing

DanBKing Active Member

But, at last, the mountings are finalized and are now strong and secure enough, to take the weight of the display case + model.... :D

3. Revell-Fan

Revell-Fan Co-Administrator Administrator

4. Ken Spriggs

Ken Spriggs New Member

That's awesome, now THATS what I call a beer!
  5. DanBKing

DanBKing Active Member

I'm still here ....... ;)

The required electronics have been purchased today. :)
    The new backdrop has been ordered at the printers, and should be ready in the middle of next week. :)
    Tomorrow, I am taking the display case down from the wall, where it has been hanging steadfast for about a week and a half now. :)
    This coming weekend, I am going to start experimenting with the lighting. :)

This journey is nearly over ........... :animated:

P.S: I have been admonished again by HAL, because even though he appreciates, that I have "AT LAST and FINALLY", constructed his home, the on going black-out and lack of power, is starting to wear his patience thin............ His constant complaints about warm beer and no hot water for tea in the morning, are starting to get on my nerves too...... :(

But, I have to agree with him, this project has been going on a long time, and I DO feel bad about it. I have tried to explain and apologise on many occasion to him, but the only response I get back from him lately is : :finger:

I am getting the feeling also, that he is upset and unsettled about something else too...... The other day I caught HAL and his mate whispering together and HAL kept looking over his shoulder at me with a knowing smirk on his face.. :shifty:

Other comments from him too, like : "When are you going to polish the silver ?" and "What do you see when you look in the shiny chrome mirror ?" and "You don't get that glint in your eye when you look at me" are rather unsettling.
    I'm getting the feeling he is jealous over something........ I'm not sure what though ..........

General_584.JPG General_583.JPG

He does worry me when he is in this mood ........

Ref 1: Dave....? Are you awake.....? Dave... ?

Ref 2: "Chrome; The final insult."
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2015
    ASC Mclaren and spaceagent-9 like this.
  6. zathros

zathros -----SENIOR---- Administrator

That's because the HAL 9000 thinks it is sitting on the obelisk.
    DanBKing likes this.
  7. DanBKing

DanBKing Active Member

@zathros by 'obelisk', I assume you mean the Monolith........ ??
    But, coming to think about it, the two boards of the display case do look like Monoliths....

I have never even noticed or looked at it that way !!
    But, unfortuantly, the ratio is nowhere near 1 : 4 : 9 ......... More like 0,002 : 1,2 : 9
  8. zathros

Monolith, right, but did you calibrate your Hal 9000 computer, Hm,? Hmmmm? :)
    spaceagent-9 and DanBKing like this.
  9. DanBKing

DanBKing Active Member

Hey! Psssssssst... @Revell-Fan ..... Look what I got yesterday .......... :animated:

Revell-Fan likes this.
  10. Revell-Fan

11. spaceagent-9

spaceagent-9 Right Hand Man and Confidant

blinky lights in the toy section of the dollar tree work, also e-candles in the greeting card section also work, they are yellow flickering, but you can filter over them to gets something out of them, 3/a buck, not bad.
    Sky Seeker and zathros like this.
  12. DanBKing

DanBKing Active Member

zathros, bgt01, Revell-Fan and 2 others like this.
  13. ASC Mclaren

ASC Mclaren Member

Wow, that beer looks tasty! What about the update to your build? :D
    DanBKing likes this.
  14. DanBKing

DanBKing Active Member

Build? I've gotta finish the beer first. :D

I am just finishing off the lighting, so the end of this saga will not be long forthcoming...... :D
    ASC Mclaren likes this.
  15. DanBKing

DanBKing Active Member

I'm getting there.....

Sky Seeker, zathros, bgt01 and 4 others like this.
  16. zathros

Space, the final frontier. I think it will really shine!!
    DanBKing likes this.
  17. DanBKing

DanBKing Active Member

I hope so! ;)

I am DETERMINED to get this project finished and mounted on the wall this weekend!!!!!
    This project has been going on long enough!!:(

The lighting has taken more effort to get right than I first anticipated. I am already on the FOURTH version of the lighting!!!!:eek:

I hope to post some pictures of the process over the next day or two..... Then, when this project is done, I can concentrate on the other current project, which is REALLY gonna shine!!! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
  18. zathros

Looking at that gain this morning, damn, that really does look good!!
    DanBKing likes this.
  19. Sky Seeker

Sky Seeker Well Established Member

Looking great even unlit in the box it's pretty fantastic. Looking forward to the glory pics!

Sky Seeker
    DanBKing likes this.
  20. DanBKing

DanBKing Active Member

Almost .............. :):)

Now it is all about the final tweaking of the lighting and hanging the beast..........;)

bgt01, Cforrest900 and Revell-Fan like this.
  21. Revell-Fan

DanBKing likes this.
  22. Tonino

Tonino Member

MAMMA MIA!!!!!
    Stanley Kubrick would burst into tears in front of such a beauty!
    DanBKing likes this.