2000ad Paperworks

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by FlareBaffled, Aug 27, 2009.

1. FlareBaffled

FlareBaffled Member

It's been a while since I have done any papermodelling, but I felt it was time to make a return. Things have been mulling around in my head as to what to work on. I know I have a large scale Stardestroyer to finish someday, and will do more work on Warhammer vehicles .... but I wanted something else to work on...and this was it!

There is a whole range of stuff I can work on here, none of which I have seen done before. Everything from a Judge Dredd Lawmaster bike through to RoBusters mechs and spaceships from the VC's, Dan Dare etc. Masses of material and some varied projects.

First to be built, though, will be the VC's spacecraft. It's a design I loved since I was a kid, and always wanted to build a model of it. Now I will!

Pictures to follow as things get going :)
  2. bigfan321

bigfan321 New Member

Quick question:
    What are VC's?
  3. Maico Shark

Maico Shark Guest

Looking forward to the build
  4. FlareBaffled

FlareBaffled Member

For those old agers ( like me ) way back 2000ad ran a cartoon strip about a near future war with aliens ( Geeks) invading earth. The earth forces were fighting a defensive battle. One of the ships had a misfit bunch of battle hardened veterans who called themselves the VC's ....Vacuum Cleaners!

It ran from issue 140 through to 175, and initially had some very good artwork . I loved the shi pdesign, and wanted to build it. Wikipedia has a summary ..just do a search for 2000ad VC and google willo find it for you :thumb:.

Here's a picture :

5. dredd

dredd New Member

I love 2000ad and i'm currently finishing a full size G.I gun,Gunner made from wood and plastic,still got to do Bagman and Helm, started a judge Dredd helmet from cardboard,got to make some Lawgivers Mk1,Mk2 and mk3,paper templates ,made from wood and plasti-card.But 1st i've got to finish 2 sets of movie wolverine claws(too much to do ,too little time).
    Good luck with your builds,how about part 3 of the star destroyer(just so it can sit on my pc for a few years before i start it)
  6. FlareBaffled

FlareBaffled Member

That will get done :) .... but I have to finish off making a p[lastic one with fibre optics for the kids to hang up in the bedroom. Then I will get the next installment done.
  7. davelant

davelant Member

Looking forward to this.
  8. dredd

dredd New Member

I've got the fibre optic star destroyer,along with a few fibre optic Enterprize's sitting in my loft gathering dust
  9. FlareBaffled

FlareBaffled Member

OK...3D model is now complete, and the texturing has begun. Soon as I get a chance I will post some pictures of the progress. Once she is textured, I will start the unfolding process.
  10. FlareBaffled

FlareBaffled Member

Texturing is going well...but not as fast as I would like. Stiull..happy with the result! The green colour I chose from a colour cover which showed the whole lot as a sort of olive drab colour. Looks Ok to me

11. Gixergs

Gixergs Well-Known Member

Any progress on this? I used to get 2000ad every week so I know there is a wealth of kits in there.
  12. Millenniumfalsehood

Millenniumfalsehood Active Member

I've never had an interest in 2000ad, but that ship is remarkable! Any progress, Flare?

13. clif52

clif52 Banned

I'd love to see the ABC Robot as a paper model. Someone started on it a couple of years ago, but I never heard if it being finished. Anything Judge Dredd would be cool!

14. Regie

Regie Member

Oh, I'm so looking forward to this! 2000AD has been a big part of my life and the V.C.s were an early favourite.

Looking real good so far!
  15. ekuth

ekuth Active Member

That... is a bitching looking ship. :thumb:
  16. Gixergs

Gixergs Well-Known Member

The VC's Armour was another great bit of kit too.